Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Cool Hello from Bobby Cleveland - The Engine Answerman

I’m Bobby Cleveland from Locust Grove Georgia which is where I grew up and still live two miles from where I was raised. We lived on a dirt road and I had a big yard that took me 45 minutes to an hour to cut. I would always try to cut it faster each time which is the start of my lawn mower racing adventure. I went to high school at Jackson Christian Academy in Jackson Ga. and I got diplomas for machine shop and drafting from Griffin Tech. I worked at Snapper for 27 years where I worked my way up from a test technician in the test shop, to a machinist in the fabrication shop, to a CAD designer, to a Design Engineer. During my time at Snapper, back in the late 70’s, I built a mower that would go 75 mph which we drag raced and would turn a 17.5 second quarter mile. In 1995 I started racing with the United States Lawnmower Racing Association (www.letsmow.com) and now I’m a 9 time National champion (see career highlights). I have over 80 1st place wins and am still racing.

I was a consultant to the Jesse James Monster Garage on the Mustang Mower which was the first Monster Garage show that was filmed. I built the first 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, with independent suspension, a one of a kind lawnmower.

I have been a spokesman for Gold Eagle as the Engine Answerman sense 2005 traveling around the country education the public on maintaining and treating all their fuel needs. During this time I set the Land Speed record on a lawnmower at 80.792 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in July of 2006 and went back in 2010 to reset it at 96.529.

Career Highlights:
    • 1996 1st Place, BP Class, STA-BIL Nationals
    • 1999-97 BP Class, Overall Points Champion
    • 2000 Driver of the Year
    • 2003-01 BP Class, Overall Points Champion
    • 2003 World Record Setter: Monster Mower Jumping
    • 2004 Represented USA in 2004 World Championships, England (came in third)
    • 2005 Announced as the Engine Answerman for Gold Eagle Co. – Engine Answerman tour begins
    • 2006 Set World Speed Record for Lawn Mowers, Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah – July 4, 2006 – 80.792 mph
    • 2010 Reset Land Speed Record at Bonneville Salt Flats -- Sept 25 2010 – 96.592 mph

I posted a few pictures from my travels on an album here: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/album.php?albumid=32 - I'll post some more a little later.

I look forward to checking out all your Cool Rides and hope you come out and see us on t he road!!!
    Bruce Kaufman
    PR & Event Marketing Manager, Gold Eagle Co.
    www.goldeagle.com
    President, U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
    www.letsmow.com

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Hey BC, great to see you here!
    Can't wait to come stomp around Georgia this month with ya!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Hey BC, great to see you here!
    Can't wait to come stomp around Georgia this month with ya!
    He's at Barrett-Jackson right now but GA is on:

April 16-17, Windy Hill Mower Speedway, McDonough, GA

Windy Hill Mower Speedway Southern Shoot Out

Part of the 2011 Engine Answerman Tour!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information