Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Need some input

Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default Need some input

Ok, so your surfin through the member list. Click on a name N go to that persons garage. The garage page is set up cool with message N private message. Lil info on the owner. You still don't know what he/she drives. You look at the albums N click one of the 2 showing. The album page shows your pic's for one car and lets you caption the pic's N tell your story. Wouldn't it be better if the album page was a profile for the car? Your album cover pic could be your Main pic for the profile. Maybe a lil info on the car next to Main pic. Engine size, mods, Year make model ect. Then check out the pic's. We have a stats folder for each profile already. It could include how many times viewed/visited, Maybe a thumbs up button included with each pic, so a visitor could click the thumbs up if they liked the pic. This would give Coolrides the most visited info, the most thumbs up to pictures in a profile or all profiles combined for a garage. Info could be used for contest or selection of the featured cars to be voted on monthly. Or maybe a spot on the homepage with a schroll of the top 5/most viewed or something.
    If someone has more than 3 albums only 2 will currently show unless you think to click view all. We can show 6 friends, maybe we can show 6 albums/profiles. I've added 2 cars N my boat, would like to add bike snowmobile ect. Info collected from a profile/album would help rate/rank the smaller catagory's as well from bike to marine maybe giving these a shot at an award too. Whatcha think? I don't even know if it can be done. I'm computer DAAAAAAA. But it seems like it would make things easier around here. I'm still tryin to figure stuff out. Maybe its JUSTA me. LOL
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

OK...Guess it'sa dead thread. Did see that you were able to show all 3 of my albums. Thankz.

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Thumbs up Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    Ok, so your surfin through the member list. Click on a name N go to that persons garage. The garage page is set up cool with message N private message. Lil info on the owner. You still don't know what he/she drives. ("My Ride" is an option that gets filled out when you register or through the control panel)

You look at the albums N click one of the 2 showing. (Changed to 4 most recent Albums Showing) The album page shows your pic's for one car and lets you caption the pic's N tell your story. Wouldn't it be better if the album page was a profile for the car? (You could do that by editing the album's description like this Vette album) Your album cover pic could be your Main pic for the profile. Maybe a lil info on the car next to Main pic. Engine size, mods, Year make model ect. Then check out the pic's. - (Unfortunately we're limited to vBulletin options as far as having album pictures automatically being set as profile pics, although we will continue to look for vBulletin upgrades that allow more flexibility)

We have a stats folder for each profile already. It could include how many times viewed/visited, (Number of times visited and who visited is shown at the bottom/right of your profile page) Maybe a thumbs up button included with each pic, so a visitor could click the thumbs up if they liked the pic. (Unfortunately vBulletin albums don't allow for ratings yet, but the Showroom picture gallery does)

This would give Coolrides the most visited info, the most thumbs up to pictures in a profile or all profiles combined for a garage. Info could be used for contest or selection of the featured cars to be voted on monthly. Or maybe a spot on the homepage with a scroll of the top 5/most viewed or something. (I love these ideas, will ask developers see what they think)

If someone has more than 3 albums only 2 will currently show unless you think to click view all. We can show 6 friends, maybe we can show 6 albums/profiles. (Made this change, thanks for suggestion) I've added 2 cars N my boat, would like to add bike snowmobile ect. Info collected from a profile/album would help rate/rank the smaller catagory's as well from bike to marine maybe giving these a shot at an award too. Whatcha think?

I don't even know if it can be done. I'm computer DAAAAAAA. But it seems like it would make things easier around here. I'm still tryin to figure stuff out. Maybe its JUSTA me. LOL
    My comments are in RED above.

Thanks for all the suggestions - some we can do, some need more discussions and some need to be forwarded to web developers (I'm not one) to see what's possible.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    My comments are in RED above.

Thanks for all the suggestions - some we can do, some need more discussions and some need to be forwarded to web developers (I'm not one) to see what's possible.
    Was thinkin the album page had so much room to make it into a profile page. The link to the Vette was perfect! Redid mine as well. Just what I was asking about. This should go into instructions when filling out. Yes I had already fill out the "my ride" section of Profile with both cars in it. Like my album much better now. Thankz ... figured it was JUSTA me. LOL

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

I too, have changed mine.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information