Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default Yepper... I'm a newbie.

Hello to everyone. Kewl little site over here and at the suggestion of John Mastalerz. I stopped over and signed up.

I am the Director of Media / Public Relations for the Gamblers Drag Racing Association or GDRA which is a 1/4 mile drag racing association in the Midwest. We offer 3 classes of heads up index styled racing with a 8.60, 7.80, and the country's very first, 6.90 class!!! We currently offer the highest ALL CASH payouts and give 100% back to the racers. You can stop by our site www.GamblersDragRacing.com or "like" us on Facebook under Gamblers Drag Racing.

I live in a Chicago Suburb and have been messing with cars all my life from the time I was 2. Just something that I have always done. I have a small part time business, Outlaw Graphic Designs in which I design custom event flyers, logos, decals, crew shirts, photos, and much more.

Thanks for your time and we'll see you around.

Mike McClure
    Gamblers Drag Racing Association
    Director of Media / Public Relations
    www.GamblersDragRacing.com

Follow us on Facebook as well!!!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Welcome Mike. Looking forward to the Gamblers new season.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Welcome to the site Mike! I'm definitely interested to learn more about the GDRA. What is the schedule for this year?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Rookie
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Welcome Mike. Just checked out the gdra site, looks like a cool series! I'm planning on loading up the van with the family and some neighbors this saturday to check it out. Can't wait!

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Welcome to the site Mike! I'm definitely interested to learn more about the GDRA. What is the schedule for this year?
    Well Marcel our schedule is as follows for the remainder of the season:
    Saturday May 21st
    Saturday May 28th
    Saturday June 18th
    Saturday July 16th
    Saturday August 20th
    Saturday September 3rd
    Saturday September 17th
    Saturday October 15th --- All-In Showdown (Highest paid all cash race of the season)

We race exclusively at Great Lakes Dragaway as part of their Nitrous Street Car Brawl Events (biggest shows for them usually). We have drivers coming from all over and as far as Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, etc. Rumor has it that there are some racers who will be coming from Virginia, Tennessee, and Atlanta later in the season. Our Association started with just an 8.60 class and this year we added the new 7.80 and country's first 6.90 class which will showcase 6 second pro mods basically and sport names like John Scali (brother of NHRA Pro Stock bike racer Gino Scali), Kurt Fredrich, and Andre Harris. WE have only 3 simple rules to follow: No throttle stops, no delay boxes, and it has to be a door slammer. Other than that, your ride must pass NHRA tech and run the number. Each class with a 16 car field pass out $2000 to win... with a 32 car field, it pays out $4250 to win in each class!!!

If you would like Marcel, you can email me direct or call me if I didnt hit the nail on the head with my reply here. LOL. It can happen sometimes.

Mike McClure
    JohnnyRacer496@yahoo.com
    847-533-7596

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Welcome Mike. Just checked out the gdra site, looks like a cool series! I'm planning on loading up the van with the family and some neighbors this saturday to check it out. Can't wait!
    Come on out and be sure to stop by and say hi. I will be there working with a maroon Corvette. Can't miss it. LOL We are usually pitted right by the staging lanes and always love to chat with people in between rounds and what not. We appreciate and thank each and everyone that supports our association and drag racing as a whole. Without the fans, we would not have a place to do what we love.

FYI... if I am not mistaken, we are in the process of working on some new and exciting stuff for the website and don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook as well.

See ya this Saturday.

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Welcome! We were supposed to have our first Heads Up Street Brawl race last Saturday. I think it got moved to this weekend. Looking forward to it for sure!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information