Cool Rides Online®
    Rookie
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default My Son's 79 RS Camaro an on going project.

This is a father/son project that started in Jan 2002. Over the years there have been several changes. It started out as a 305 engine, turbo 350 transmission, 2.41 peg leg rear axle. We found a good used GM 350 crate engine, and bought a TPI 700R4 trans. We switched the gears to 3.42 and a Auburn carrier. In late 07, the 700R4 died, In Jan. 08 we pulled it out and installed pedals and a Saginaw 4 speed transmission with a 3.11 1st gear . We also cut the floor and connected the sub frame with 2" x 3" .120" square tubing and changed all the body bushings. Later that year we wanted to take the car to Maxton and run the standing mile. In Aug. 09, we changed the gear again to a 3.08 and the car ran 126 mph at Maxton in Oct. o8. In Jan. 10 we took the car to Batlground Motorsports and had the car put on the dyno, which made 221HP at the rear tire. A few days later we pulled the engine out and sold it. Over the past year and with the help of Frank Oglesby, we have put together a 370 CI SBC and it finally in the car along with a Tremec TKO-600 and should be ready to start very soon. We are hoping for 400 HP at the rear tire and go 161 MPH at Maxton. Here is our new engine just after the cam break in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DucHXFhtBPU It sorta hits like Milner coupe. We are hoping it performs as well as it sounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Raging64; 05-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Welcome aboard. Sweet looking Camaro and it runs as good as it looks.

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Welcome! Always nice to see a new Camaro!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information