Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F5

Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default F5

Anybody see the movie? Best one yet of the Fast N furious collection.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Nope. I was waiting to hear some reviews from car guys to see if it was a waste of time or not. I guess now I know. Thanks.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    I only saw the 1st one... not sure why but the series hasn't called my attention much!

Saw part of Tokyo drift and hated it :(

May give the rest of them a try... are they any good?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Saw Fast Five last week. In my opinion, the best special effects of them all.
    Quite a spectacular chase sequence towards the end. I agree with Marcel, Tokyo Drift didn't do it for me, just couldn't get into the main character. All the rest were good.

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by john mastalerz View Post
    Saw Fast Five last week. In my opinion, the best special effects of them all.
    Quite a spectacular chase sequence towards the end. I agree with Marcel, Tokyo Drift didn't do it for me, just couldn't get into the main character. All the rest were good.
    T Drift never looked good. Didn't see it @ movies. Daughter bought it for me on DVD for fathers day or something. To keep my collection going. Had some good BWAAAAA moments! Didn't like the storyline.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Legendary Member gothic_smurf_89's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    yo justa.its not my best,but i have to say top 3
    i gotta gave f&f my top pick hands down,i was just getting into the car scene when it came out so seeing what was out there,it open an whole new world for me
    then toyko drift,since i love drifting
    fast 5 next cause it had some good scene.
    fast 4 was good
    2fast 2 furious i gotta pick last.even though it had 2 nice car,the plot.it wasnt right....

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by gothic_smurf_89 View Post
    yo justa.its not my best,but i have to say top 3
    i gotta gave f&f my top pick hands down,i was just getting into the car scene when it came out so seeing what was out there,it open an whole new world for me
    then toyko drift,since i love drifting
    fast 5 next cause it had some good scene.
    fast 4 was good
    2fast 2 furious i gotta pick last.even though it had 2 nice car,the plot.it wasnt right....
    I'm a fan of drifting myself and that's actually how I first got into cars was when I was stationed in Japan and we'd mod up our Skylines, Supras, Aristos, Silvia, MR2 (horrible drifter) etc...

However, I just hated F&F Tokyo drift.... have yet to be able to sit through the whole film

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

One thing I didn't like about Fast 5 was they left out a street race, they had Vin in his Charger pinkslip racing a Porsche and they skipped over the race I was like WTF! I thought this was Fast & the Furious and they clip out a race scene for what? boring drama crap. As for Tokyo Drift after the first 5 mins it all goes down hill. I did like the Chevelle scenes in F4 and the part in 2F2F when the guy revs up the Challenger and the guy in the tuner stops smiling but the rest of the movie is dull. The 1st F&F was pretty good, I always wondered why after watching it everyone wanted to buy an import? Really $80 grand for a 4 banger that tops out at 120mph and then seeing a 30 some year old Charger one of the biggest muscle cars w/ a damaged engine just about taking out one of the fastest car out of japan loaded up with turbos and blasting as much nitrous as he can feed in the engine just to keep up. After that I was like american muscle cars are not only cheaper to buy & build but are faster too, so why ever bother buying one of those neon colored nightmares?

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Straight8's&Aces View Post
    One thing I didn't like about Fast 5 was they left out a street race, they had Vin in his Charger pinkslip racing a Porsche and they skipped over the race I was like WTF! I thought this was Fast & the Furious and they clip out a race scene for what? boring drama crap. As for Tokyo Drift after the first 5 mins it all goes down hill. I did like the Chevelle scenes in F4 and the part in 2F2F when the guy revs up the Challenger and the guy in the tuner stops smiling but the rest of the movie is dull. The 1st F&F was pretty good, I always wondered why after watching it everyone wanted to buy an import? Really $80 grand for a 4 banger that tops out at 120mph and then seeing a 30 some year old Charger one of the biggest muscle cars w/ a damaged engine just about taking out one of the fastest car out of japan loaded up with turbos and blasting as much nitrous as he can feed in the engine just to keep up. After that I was like american muscle cars are not only cheaper to buy & build but are faster too, so why ever bother buying one of those neon colored nightmares?
    Agreed on the "neon" aspect, but I will say shifting @ 9-10K rpm sounds like fun to me.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

GM builds Indy cars and the engines can be set up for street use
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indy3jpg_00000038441.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccrp_1001_02+chevrolet_indycar_street_engine+.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	476  

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information