Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default Why must there be a 60% chance of rain every Saturday?

Haven't had a nice, warm, dry, day at the track yet this year. Calling for rain this Saturday and rain in extended forecast for next Saturday as well. How did Indiana tick off the racing gods?

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Trying to figure that one out myself. :(

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    Haven't had a nice, warm, dry, day at the track yet this year. Calling for rain this Saturday and rain in extended forecast for next Saturday as well. How did Indiana tick off the racing gods?
    Last weekend wasn't good for you guys? We had a beautiful weekend here around Chicago, would've thought you guys shared the same weather being so close by

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

The other track in the area (Muncie) cancelled early in the day while we were sill planning on racing so we had a very nice showing. We had just gotten the big cars warmed up and ready when the rain started coming down. So back in the trailers they all went. The worst part about getting rained out is having to drive the Vega home in the rain. It takes alot of polishing, being black, to pretty it up again, and cheater slicks and wet pavement don't jive very well. So I have to drive home at roughly 1600 rpms to be on the safe side when this happens. Long, slow ride home in the rain is just no fun on a Saturday when you wish you were racing....

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default Hey

Its to make better racing for the off road guys!!! LOL
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Last weekend wasn't good for you guys? We had a beautiful weekend here around Chicago, would've thought you guys shared the same weather being so close by

Marcel, last weekend was Mothers Day. That doesn't count. I think what everyone here means is all, the other weekends when there are car shows or races planned. They all seem to have rain in the forecast. :(

I nope not, but it looks to be shaping up to be a repeat of last Saturdays festivities......:(

ETA: If any of you guys actually to get have dry fun today, POST SOME PICS and/or fill us in with all the juicy details so those of us not so fortunate can live vicariously through you!
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 05-14-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Almost exact same as last Saturday! Although we did get one time shot in this time.:(

Imagine that, 40% chance of thunderstorms Saturday. There is talk of a gamblers race Friday night (Friday is supposed to be sunny & 80) . I hope it happens, might be the only way to keep from getting rusty...

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Not looking great here either for the Nitrous Street Car Brawl event at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI. Sucks cause the GDRA is all set and bringing out some big guns this weekend.
    Gamblers Drag Racing Association
    Director of Media / Public Relations
    www.GamblersDragRacing.com

Follow us on Facebook as well!!!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information