Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Hello!

Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Exclamation Hello!

Hi everyone!

I just want to introduce myself! I'm one of the Cool Rides Online creators/administrators and am very excited that this website has finally launched.

I first got into "rides" while I was serving as a helicopter mechanic for the US Marines in Okinawa. After work, we used to bring our cars close to the hangar and work on them. I mostly worked on the body (fiberglass, sheet metal & composites). We had an Innova (Honda car, not the bike), several Skylines, a Sylvia and my best friend's MR2. Also had my eye on a Supra but that never came about.

This isn't the exact car, but similar. We added intake scoops that hugged the corners, very nice!

After the service I started working for Gold Eagle Co. and through them, got a chance to travel to a lot of car shows where the "fire" started tingling to get involved a little deeper into collector cars, before I was mostly into imports and Tuners but now my I tend to appreciate most makes & models.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the Swap Meet waiting for the right car to call to me (maybe 70~72 Chevelle... Ahhh) But we'll see!

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell! Please feel free to "friend" me and I hope to get to know as many of you as possible both on the site, and while traveling the Car Show circuit! (Next up, 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour!)

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Marcel; 03-31-2011 at 09:04 PM.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default Site looks great

Great job on the next generation CoolRidesOnline site.
    It looks amazing and I look forward to checking out all the cool rides in the future.
    The Royal Hawaiian

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default COcka-Doodle Groovy!

Hey everyone!
    My name Is Jon Lewman, but most know me as Rooster.
    I race Lawn Mowers in the Sta-Bil Lawn and Garden Mower Racing Series with the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association. I am the Presideent of the Coffeyville Kansas based USLMRA Affiliate club ; The American Heartland Lawn Mower Racers.
    I am the son of an auto mechanic, when most kids had those little wooden benches with plastic tools, I had a briggs mower engine and a set of Snap-On wrenches. Literally been messing with engines longer than I have been walking!
    I started racing Q-midgets when I was 7 or 8 and have pretty much never quit racing something. From H/O scale slot cars, to west coast mods, even ran a couple of Island Rally races in Okinawa Japan when I was in the USMC. (Marcel...we seem to have a theme going here)
    I love performance and custom vehicles and can't wait to see some of the members stuff.

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

hey i was in Okinawa aswell!
    at the VP hangers on Kadena AB.
    I miss the walks down whisper alley
    and the parties at the cannon club.
    I also miss slugging back the HABU sake.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas

Okinawa's becoming a trend!!

:D

LOL almost a gateway to the far east!!!
    BTW Marcel thanks for the crew shirt!!!!!!
    I just got it 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by dawg; 04-04-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Friends -

BTW - Many of you have probably noticed that you've received a "friend" invite from me... save me the trouble of hunting YOU down and shoot me a friend invite :D

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Hey everyone!
    My name Is Jon Lewman, but most know me as Rooster.
    I race Lawn Mowers in the Sta-Bil Lawn and Garden Mower Racing Series with the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association. I am the Presideent of the Coffeyville Kansas based USLMRA Affiliate club ; The American Heartland Lawn Mower Racers.
    I am the son of an auto mechanic, when most kids had those little wooden benches with plastic tools, I had a briggs mower engine and a set of Snap-On wrenches. Literally been messing with engines longer than I have been walking!
    I started racing Q-midgets when I was 7 or 8 and have pretty much never quit racing something. From H/O scale slot cars, to west coast mods, even ran a couple of Island Rally races in Okinawa Japan when I was in the USMC. (Marcel...we seem to have a theme going here)
    I love performance and custom vehicles and can't wait to see some of the members stuff.
    Racin tractors R a blast to watch. Have seen the sta-bil tractor. Here in Mich, I have friends with outragious PULLERS, pullin sleds Justa like the Big Boys!!! Good Times!
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Okinawa's becoming a trend!!

:D
    All you Okinawa guys must remember the Lengendary Okinawa Pontiac!!! LMAO

Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information