Cool Rides Online®
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default Showroom Rides vs. Personal Albums

versus

You may have noticed these in your profile page and also noticed that they both allow you to create albums and upload pictures. So why are they different?

The SHOWROOM RIDES is where you upload pictures of your own Cool Ride for everyone to browse freely. Guests will be able to check out your rides, rate it and leave comments. When uploading your ride into the showroom, please be sure to add it to the appropriate category under "Select Album". This will make it easier for everyone to browse through the Showroom.

:D Another reason to upload your ride to the Showroom is because when we conduct contests that involve selecting rides for cash or product prizes, we will only select rides from the Showroom and not from Personal Albums.

Please only upload YOUR OWN vehicle to the Showroom and do not upload pictures of somebody else's ride.

The PERSONAL ALBUMS is where you can upload pictures and create albums about anything you want, as long as it doesn't go against our Terms of Use. These albums are more like what you would add in your Facebook or MySpace albums. You can add pictures of your current "Project Build", pictures of car shows, races, friends, family, pets, etc...

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

I have created a bunch of albums, but they are in my Personal (of my cars and bikes). Is there a way to put them into Showroom, without having to start from scratch?
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Good question 2vette2camaro. I think I posted shots of my cars in the gallery and albums on my garage as well. Guess I thought they were linked as well. Will have to look @ what I've done when I have a lil more time. During the transfer to the upgraded site, the albums on my garage transfered but the showroom was missing my cars so I think I put shots in the showroom too.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

So I click showroom off the top tool bar, then cars. All I get is the JOIN NOW/start your profile AD with the slideshow. I went to my garage and clicked my showroom rides and bring up a pic of each of my rides in showroom? Tried again after making sure I was logged in and still can't view showroom. So I went back and opened my Sunbird shot in showroom and was going to add more shots, but can't find my Sunbird in the list of 80's cars. ??

UPDATE...Added another photo and I guess they are just random in 80's. Still can't view showroom from the toolbar.
    Last edited by Justa6; 09-28-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Yeah I have spent ALL day adding pics and making albums, but I would like the finished ones (Vette, Z and Ironhead) to be in the Showrooms. There should be a way to link them or even copy them without having to add them again.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Ok, I still don't know how to add to the Showroom......

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Try this link: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/ph...ploadphoto.php

We are curently making changes to the layout of the profile page so that there will be a destinguishable difference between the Showroom images and the vBulletin albums. We're looking to have the new layout ready before the end of October.

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Try this link: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/ph...ploadphoto.php

We are curently making changes to the layout of the profile page so that there will be a destinguishable difference between the Showroom images and the vBulletin albums. We're looking to have the new layout ready before the end of October.
    Yesterday I started getting Email notification of threads N new post. VERY COOL. But, the Header on my page is also smashed together. The top main toolbar is over the lower toolbar.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information