Cool Rides Online®

Thread: F250 brakes

CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Default F250 brakes

The brakes on my 92 Ford F250 don't slide the tires when stomping on them. I have to give it a lot of room to stop. The master cylinder has been changed a couple of years ago. We replaced the brakes and wheel cylinders on the rear about a month ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

Is there enough vacuum getting to the brake booster? Did you bleed the lines with the wheel cylinder repairs? Also has the brake fluid been flushed lately? Brake fluid will absorb moisture over time and should be flushed periodically (every two or three years). The most advantageous time to do this is with brake work.
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

The brakes were bled on all wheels. The brake pedal is hard not soft
    The booster is working. We checked the space in the rear drums. The truck stops just not like skidding the tires.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

Maybe you aren't used to hard petal after all these years!
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

CRO Addict

Maybe.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information