Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Default Ride of month opinions

What is your opinion on the ride of the month contest. I'm curious of your opinion on having 2 contests each month. One for the Bikes and on for the automotive. My thought would be to have 2 bikes in their contest and 2 autos in theirs. I'd like to have your opinion even if it's different than mine.

Rookie Member
    Achievements Kicking the Tires

Are there enough bikes to support it ? I myself like the format of 4 cars per month .

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

IMO, even one contest a month is too many- makes it trite. Turns an event or happening into something commonplace. MC should compete against MC- that's a given, and cars of similar like should compete against cars of similar like. Putting a lawn mower against a hot rod, or a tricked-out rice burner against a stock classic just ain't right. I mean, how does one effectively judge a contest made up of those entries?
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Thanks for your opinions. Keep them coming.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - December 2014303 Featured Ride - August 2014CRO Member of the Week

I like having four cars/Mc/pickups to pick from. I would like to see more pictures of each or a link to their home page. At present I feel that the best picture has a lot to do with who wins.

CRO Addict

It would be nice to see if the interior looks as good as the outside.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 78 elk View Post
    It would be nice to see if the interior looks as good as the outside.
    From some pics in ads I've come across in my searches for cars throughout the years, pics of the interior, and of course the exterior of cars can be doctored pretty easily. This leads me to a thought: contest entry pics should be date stamped, and the date should fall within a determined time frame- 3 months, 6 months, whatever.

EDIT* See my post #9
    Last edited by cor66vette; 05-20-2017 at 06:56 PM.

CRO Addict

Good opinion, makes sense.

Blog Entries

... or, in lieu of the date stamp, something included in the photo that identifies that the picture was taken exclusively for the contest. Something like what we did for the scavenger hunt contest. Actually, I like that better than the date stamp idea.

CRO Addict

That sounds cool.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information