Cool Rides Online®
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Moderator 2vette2camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    685
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

    Default After two years, my mother's probate is finally final and done!

    It's been almost two years since my mother died and a year ago that I had to hire an attorney to "fight" my brother to get my share. I wouldn't call it "fair" by no means, but I wanted it done and finished so I settled for an amount so that I could sign off on the quit claim deed and it be his and I have money.

    It's been a REALLY REALLY hard fight. Not only financially but very emotional as well. After my brother trying every scam in the book to cheat me, the final check has been drawn up, cashed, AND......



    ALREADY Spent!!!!

    Besides buying two pistols, joining a range to keep the skills sharp and a few miscellaneous things (besides paying the attorney), I took what was left and bought.......


    A 1937 EL Harley Knucklehead!

    Yes, I already have a 1939 EL Knucklehead so as of tomorrow, I will have two of them!

    I will post pics as soon as I can.

    Fighting this battle has kept me pre-occupied as when I am "involved" in something, I am involved 110%. More than anything I am just glad it is over.
    Last edited by 2vette2camaro; 05-16-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

  2. #2
    Legendary Member gothic_smurf_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    pennsylavina
    Posts
    744
    Blog Entries
    1
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

    Default

    glad to hear...my dad got screwed when his mom died,,,never got an red cent.been over 20 years since he talked to his one brother
    if you aint breaking it.you aint driven it right.haha

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member trollerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,812
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2vette2camaro View Post
    It's been almost two years since my mother died and a year ago that I had to hire an attorney to "fight" my brother to get my share. I wouldn't call it "fair" by no means, but I wanted it done and finished so I settled for an amount so that I could sign off on the quit claim deed and it be his and I have money.

    It's been a REALLY REALLY hard fight. Not only financially but very emotional as well. After my brother trying every scam in the book to cheat me, the final check has been drawn up, cashed, AND......



    ALREADY Spent!!!!

    Besides buying two pistols, joining a range to keep the skills sharp and a few miscellaneous things (besides paying the attorney), I took what was left and bought.......


    A 1937 EL Harley Knucklehead!

    Yes, I already have a 1939 EL Knucklehead so as of tomorrow, I will have two of them!

    I will post pics as soon as I can.

    Fighting this battle has kept me pre-occupied as when I am "involved" in something, I am involved 110%. More than anything I am just glad it is over.
    Must be tough to have to fight with your brother to have what belongs to you. Hope when I pass things go smooth for my son and daughter. I would hate to think $$$ means so much in settlements. I'm glad you got yours though. Hope you are happy now. Bet your brother now feels bad about what he did. Course he probably won't say so to you.

  4. #4
    CRO Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mtn.Home
    Posts
    3,095
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

    Default

    Sorry for your loss of your mother. Going through that process isn't fair. It tears families apart. I'm glad you were able to get a share of it.

  5. #5
    Legendary Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davison, MI
    Posts
    834
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

    Default

    My father is the oldest of four kids, two boys and two girls. To say that my grandparents tended to favor the girls would be a gross under statement. Still what makes things worse was my grandparents perceived my dad's professional success (he was an electrical engineer for GM) that they didn't leave him anything. He is recognized in their will as one of their sons/heirs but they left him nothing. Their entire estate was split between his brother and two sisters include the lake front cottage in Beulah Michigan.

    I cannot imagine why anyone would do that, especially parents.

    I am happy that your battle with your brother is now over. I take it your relationship with your brother is essentially now over too?
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

    Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

  6. #6
    Moderator 2vette2camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    685
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    My father is the oldest of four kids, two boys and two girls. To say that my grandparents tended to favor the girls would be a gross under statement. Still what makes things worse was my grandparents perceived my dad's professional success (he was an electrical engineer for GM) that they didn't leave him anything. He is recognized in their will as one of their sons/heirs but they left him nothing. Their entire estate was split between his brother and two sisters include the lake front cottage in Beulah Michigan.

    I cannot imagine why anyone would do that, especially parents.

    I am happy that your battle with your brother is now over. I take it your relationship with your brother is essentially now over too?
    Yes and no. We never had a "relationship" as he is the worst narcissist I have ever met- And believe ME, I know a bunch of them as my ex-husband was one. So was my mother actually with is why she wouldn't leave a will....and why I disowned her eight years before she died..... I couldn't take the abuse any longer. If you know narcissists, then you know what I am talking about. If you don't, then you have lived a blessed life!

    He is almost 44 and never left home, STILL loves on the property. The story is long and sordid and even I don't know the whole story. I wasn't going to just roll over, which is what he thought I would do. The day I emailed to say we could meet and do it without attorneys, he ACTUALLY thought I was GIVING it to him and was just going to sign it over in his name.

    His hiring an attorney gained him nothing but emptier pockets. Every lie he told I had paperwork to debunk it and people who would proof him wrong.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

  7. #7
    Legendary Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davison, MI
    Posts
    834
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

    Default

    Sounds like he messed with the wrong sibling and learned an expensive life lesson in the process. I am still sorry you had to go thru that whole messy affair though. No one should have to deal with that much drama, especially from their own kin. Still, time after time, it has been proven that money does strange things to people. Enjoy your new ride !
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

    Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

  8. #8
    Moderator 2vette2camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    685
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Sounds like he messed with the wrong sibling and learned an expensive life lesson in the process. I am still sorry you had to go thru that whole messy affair though. No one should have to deal with that much drama, especially from their own kin. Still, time after time, it has been proven that money does strange things to people. Enjoy your new ride !
    Here's some pics-

    First 2 what it looked like when I bought it and second one after about 30 minutes or so stripping stuff off.

    Course I won't leave it like this as I will build it into a chopper.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1939.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	43765

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	43766

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37el.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	43767
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

  9. #9
    Known Member Motorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    52
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2vette2camaro View Post
    Here's some pics-

    First 2 what it looked like when I bought it and second one after about 30 minutes or so stripping stuff off.

    Course I won't leave it like this as I will build it into a chopper.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1939.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	43765

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	43766

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37el.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	43767
    Lookin' COOL !!!
    Glad all of the crap is over with for you and you can move on with your life.

    P.S. - I see a cool old Honda 4 cyl. in the background ... 750 ??

  10. #10
    Moderator 2vette2camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    685
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
    Lookin' COOL !!!
    Glad all of the crap is over with for you and you can move on with your life.

    P.S. - I see a cool old Honda 4 cyl. in the background ... 750 ??
    YES, a friend's CB 750 that my husband is working on.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.


Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Enter our Featured Rides Contest Let Us Show Our Support for You Become a CRO Champion!
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO