Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Default Anyone have a Go Pro?

Ok, I am thinking about "getting with the times" and getting a Go Pro. My editor at Renegade Magazine said the Go Pro Hero 5 session is the best for motorcycle riding.

What do I need? Are they easy to use?
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

I don't have one Chris but I have seen footage of those that have used them and it looks like a good thing to own But I haven't got one just yet so I cant help you sorry.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

I'm on my second camera and I got @150 videos published on YouTube. You'll want to look into a handlebar mount for your bike or even a helmet mount. They do come with mounts with 3M VHB9very high bond) tape on the back that I have used to stick to windshields. I've made suction cup mounts as well as magnet mounts using CB antenna bases. Here is my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_...rll6J0T8ZToyMg

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 360Rocket View Post
    I'm on my second camera and I got @150 videos published on YouTube. You'll want to look into a handlebar mount for your bike or even a helmet mount. They do come with mounts with 3M VHB9very high bond) tape on the back that I have used to stick to windshields. I've made suction cup mounts as well as magnet mounts using CB antenna bases. Here is my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_...rll6J0T8ZToyMg
    Thanks! Which one do you have?

I just took on a new sponsor since I asked for the Hero5 Session and they gave me $300 to buy my own. I heard from someone else that I could get an attachment bundle through Amazon for maybe $30.

Can you recommend anything 360?
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Quote Originally Posted by 2vette2camaro View Post
    Thanks! Which one do you have?

I just took on a new sponsor since I asked for the Hero5 Session and they gave me $300 to buy my own. I heard from someone else that I could get an attachment bundle through Amazon for maybe $30.

Can you recommend anything 360?
    I am extremely happy with my HERO 3+ Black Edition that came with a camera that is compatible and controllable with my iPhone and also comes with a remote control for the camera. The cool thing about the iPhone compatibilty is you can see what you are recording. Why that's important is in previous models, you had to attach the camera to whatever surface you were using, run a test video to make sure you were framing the direction you wanted your video to record, go back to your computer to download and view the video and make adjustments accordingly. Your only other option was to buy an attachable 1.5" screen to the back of the camera to make life a bit easier. The Phone can act as your preview screen with later GoPro models. You can also now edit "in the field" with the GoPro app on your phone and save the hassle of going home and editing on your computer. I know that Target and Walmart now carry a large selection of GoPro accessories if you need them today but Amazon and Ebay are great sources. Now knowing that you are a pretty resourceful girl, you can save some bucks and adapt some everyday items to make mounts, extensions, and other creative ways to enhance your video making experiences.

Ok, I do not or am I ever planning on having an Iphone, I will just be hooking the GoPro up to my desktop computer to download, just like I do my DSLR.

The Session doesn't have a viewable screen, that I know for sure.

Since I have never even used a video camera, this is all TOTALLY new to me. I just want one that is small and very simple to use as I will be using it on my motorcycle or my backpack strap, etc.

The Session doesn't have a viewable screen, that I know for sure.
    Previous models of GoPro have sold separately an attachable 1.5" LCD screen I would say get that, an extended life battery, and a high quality SD card.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...D&Q=&A=details

Do I have to purchase some sort of special device in order to play back the videos from the GoPro?

Ok, Monday I purchased the GoPro 5 Session and it should be here Saturday. I am going to purchase the micro card today so hopefully I can use it soon. I watched a couple Youtube videos on how to use it, but since I am so technically challenged, I hope it is not too hard or I won't use it.

I am not really planning on putting videos on Youtube, but maybe scaling down a few and sending them to my sponsors, etc. If I could figure it out, I might even try to send some real time (or fairly recent) ones from my ride while on my ride....

Do I have to purchase some sort of special device in order to play back the videos from the GoPro?
    No If you have a screen on your GoPro you can watch them there or thru Bluetooth on your smartphone or on your computer. Congrats on the purchase and have fun!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information