Cool Rides Online®
    CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Default Interior door insulation

I have a 5th gen El Camino that I am putting insulation on the door panels. I'm using a brand called HeatShield. It is a fiber insulation with a foil back. Should this be glued to the water shield or the upper door panel? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rookie Member

Are you done installing the HeatShield? Are they effective?

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Yes, it is installed. I bought this 10 years ago. I used this on the floor, headliner, and doors. It's made the car quieter. I don't know if it made much difference on the temperature.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

I've used Dynamat on Lucy over the stock sound/heat deadener. I think it's made a bit of a difference. I still need to incorporate it into the doors (I ran out when I did the carpeting). Still the car is plenty noisy - but what do you expect from a 45 year old convertible? Even with new window seals, you can't keep the wind noise out of these old cars.
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

CRO Addict

I hear that's an awesome product.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information