Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool Some amazing sales right now and other ways to get what you need

Since I am so frugal I am ALWAYS looking for a sale. We rarely buy new things, but of course, there are those certain things that we have to buy new.

My husband only wears Levi's 501's. There's only one store (JcPenney) in our nearest town that carries Levi's and never in his size so no matter what, I have to order them. Right now they are on sale at JcPenney for $36.99 each and free shipping over $50. We always order 3 pairs. And they ship super fast.

Since I am constantly getting in magazines, I have to constantly be upgrading cameras and then selling the current one I have asap. I have been watching the Canon T6i for some time now. I currently have the T5i, but with the T6i, the megapixels jump from 18 to 24.2, so that is a HUGE jump!

I just found the T6i with 18-55 IS lens for $500 at Canon.com. It is refurbished with warranty and the camera I have now is also refurbished and came from the Canon store. I see no difference in appearance or in performance. I will be listing my T5i with the 18-55 lens (and keeping the 18-135 lens I currently have) and accessories on Craigslist for $700. Each time I sell my "older" camera equipment I usually have $0 in my new equipment or even come out ahead.

Almost forgot, I also went through Ebates and right now they are paying 5% back at Canon so I will be getting $25 just from going through their portal. I got $12 from shopping at JcPenney on the jeans.

I hope to be travelling more next year so I signed up once again for the Marriott credit card. We have had this card in the past and right now, the sign up bonus is 80,000 points after spending $3000 in the first 3 months and another 7500 points when you add an authorized user and they make a purchase in the first three months.

Some hotels only require 7500 points for a stay and they all come with a free hot breakfast buffet!

I have been a huge credit card churner for years!!! One year I even made $10,000 on credit card bonuses. Course this is to ONLY be done if you can manage credit AND have an excellent credit score.

When you make poverty wages as we do, you find creative ways to live the good life. I was the world's best extreme couponer for over 7 years.

I am always looking for new and creative ways to live better, live cheaper and get things we need.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

that all sounds awesome, and it is a great job that you are doing so well with finding all the deals out there. I only wished that I had more time on my hands to do the same but it always seems like I have very little time and so therefore I usually end up spending the full prices on things which really sucks. I appreciate all of the information that you pass on and I am sure it will help others as it helps me in finding the great deals without having to spend a lot of time on it. Keep up all the great work you are doing for you and your husband and all of us. THANKS........

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

WooHoo, got my new camera in, so excited. And what a great deal I got. Now to clean up my other camera and get it on the market. So much to do this time of year. Oh, not what most people have in mind, but this is the only time I can SELL things, such as the camera, hedgehogs and any other items I have lying around the house that I have picked up at yard sales, thrift stores, etc that would make great gifts.

For instance, I picked up a really cool real marble rolling pin this summer at a yard sale for $1.00. I don't bake but I just couldn't turn it down. I put in on the local partyline and had it sold for $15 within no time! A girl was buying it for her mother for Christmas.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

Great job Chris, way to make that money when you can.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information