Cool Rides Online®
    CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Default Gas pedal problem

The gas pedal is resting on the floor. I need to raise it up. I could do this by pulling the throttle cable through the firewall. I'm not sure how to loosen it to do so. Is there a better way to tighten it up?

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

I made an adjustment on the throttle cable. It now works great and is above the carpet like it should be.

CRO Addict

It didn't run well. When I stepped on the gas it would bog down. I adjusted the float in the Holley Street Avenger. Now it performs like it should.

CRO Addict

I thought the carburetor issue was corrected, but start it weekly with more issues. I found leaks so I bought a gasket kit to fix those problem areas. I'll have to do more with it, trying to figure it out.

CRO Addict

A family member helped me with the adjustment. I appreciate his help, but i needed to redo it. the throttle cable goes into a hose. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0472.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	834.1 KB 
ID:	42590 This picture shows the throttle area that gave me problems. When I stepped on the accelerator, the cable pulled outside the hose end and would keep me at 2000 rpm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0473.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	572.1 KB 
ID:	42591 This picture shows the bolts where we made an adjustment to get above the carpet. Since the accelerator was hanging up, I slid that part of cable back towards the carburetor. It now doesn't hang up and I was able to get up to 6000 rpm on the tach. So I think the clearance issue is solved.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information