Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Default Week of October 17 & Oct. 10 Giveaway

The Corvette is an American Classic. Even if you've never owned one, you probably wish you did or will some day! What is your favorite Corvette and why?

Winner will receive four (4) tickets to the National Corvette Museum & Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, along with a $200.00 Visa Gift Card to help pay for trip expenses.

Thanks to Chris Gibbany - 2vette2camaro - and the Old Iron Never Dies Club for providing the tickets.

Good luck!

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/at...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce Kaufman
    PR & Event Marketing Manager, Gold Eagle Co.
    www.goldeagle.com
    President, U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
    www.letsmow.com

Rookie Member

My favorite Vette is the 1963 Lightweight Grand Sport GS004&Gs003 which raced in Bahamas Speed Week where Duntov team beat ford Cobras, and all other GT and GT prototype.. It's sexxy and fast just how I like them...

Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

My favorite is a 63 split window. My cousin had a 67 with the 427, 4 speed, and side pipes. Was an all original car. Loved driving it but see why they got crashed so much. Way too much engine for the original suspension, tires, and brakes.
    1971 Olds Cutlass S, 1965 Mustang 2+2, 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr. Hardtop, 1969 Chevy C/10, 1963 Thunderbird, 1930 Plymouth Model U business coupe, 1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe, 1972 Terra Jet

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - September 2010

My favorite is the '57 Vette,I love the classic lines, just a fantastic looking car! One day, I may own one!!

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

My favorite is the 1959. I've like the sports car look. Had a model of it. I've wanted one since about 1965.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

My favorite Corvette is the 1958, the only one with louvered hood; HOWEVER, not to rain on anyone's Corvette parade, I chose in 1958 to buy new a 1958 Impala 348ci tri-power, not available in the Corvette. The Corvette was an option, and was less than $500.00 more.
    I chose the Impala 4 seats. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1958 Impala.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	776.9 KB 
ID:	41545
    Don Ruckman ruckmn@comcast.net

Known Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Cant you just imagine yourself at New Yorks Waldorf Astoria hotel dressed in your two-piece dark suit, thin black tie, and matching fedora on that cold January day in 1953 attending the GM Motorama? It is there that you lay your eyes on your dream carthe newly introduced 1953 150-horsepower, 3-carb inline-six, 2-speed Powerglide Corvette with Polo White exterior and Sportsman Red interior. Thoughts of owning one of those 300 units with the optional heater and AM radio would be a dream that, well, very few could ever imagine. And would be pure joy as you dress the era and live in the moment!!

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

I've posted before I would love to own a C3 Stingray chrome bumper Corvette convertible with a 4 speed big block. With that said, I love my C6 Corvette convertible and the "stupid proof" performance it provides me. I have owned other modern performance muscle cars like a Roush 360R as well a Nissan turbo Z's, Taurus SHO's and a Mustang Terminator Cobra and with all of those cars you had to focus and pay close attention or the boundries of power and suspension would quickly make a fool of you. In my experience I have committed acts in this Corvette that would have had other cars in my past in a ditch or on its roof yet this Corvette has always bailed me out before things got too grim. Its light, its nimble, it pulls more than 1G in curves, it climbs to speeds just under 200 MPH, it burns down the steamroller tires out back on a whim and it looks damn sexy doing it. It outperforms cars in its class at near 3 times the price tag. My entry and my vote is for the Corvette C6 in any trim package wanna you choose for the win! Besides, the Corvette museum is on mine and Michelles "bucket list".

Last edited by 360Rocket; 10-11-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2014CRO Member of the Week

My choice was going to be the same as 26HotRod's. Why? Because it is my wife's favorite and dream car. I went looking for some this year at the Corvettes at Carlisle show. Found several but these 2 stood out to me the most. They are owned by a husband and wife. I sent the pics to my wife and she just sent me a drool emoji back. Wish I could afford to buy her one but never will be able to unfortunately unless we hit the lottery. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_imgp5694.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	749.4 KB 
ID:	41552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_imgp5696.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	826.9 KB 
ID:	41553

Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Love it y'all! Keep 'em coming!
    Bruce Kaufman
    PR & Event Marketing Manager, Gold Eagle Co.
    www.goldeagle.com
    President, U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
    www.letsmow.com

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information