Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2014CRO Member of the Week

Default Week of August 8th Giveaway Question

Okay it is my turn to post the giveaway question. Sorry for my tardiness. I know this was to be posted between 10 and 11AM CT but I needed to take my daughter to the doctor. Nothing serious but still needed to be done. She has tendinitis and is limited with work now.

Anyway, on to the question for the week.

We all know that your first hobby/passion is your "Cool Ride". What is your second passion? I will pick my choice of all the answers and the winner will receive and prize yet to be determined.

So enter away.
    Last edited by Bruce Kaufman; 08-23-2016 at 06:14 PM.

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

My second passion is to help people with disabilities. To help them be successful in finding their passion. To help them move forward in life.

Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

I love this contest! Well done Phil. We'll post this week's prize ASAP. Keep the replies coming! I'm just catching my breath after a great weekend of lawn mower racing in Maryland and celebrating my forty sixteenth birthday!
    Bruce Kaufman
    PR & Event Marketing Manager, Gold Eagle Co.
    www.goldeagle.com
    President, U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
    www.letsmow.com

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kaufman View Post
    I love this contest! Well done Phil. We'll post this week's prize ASAP. Keep the replies coming! I'm just catching my breath after a great weekend of lawn mower racing in Maryland and celebrating my forty sixteenth birthday!
    OMG Bruce, I should have known you were a LEO!!!!! I just turned 44 last Tuesday.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Hall of Fame Member Green Grabber's Avatar
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Easy one for me....Music, it can take you back in time and does wonders for the soul!
    Don't touch the trim!
    Green Grabber,2010 Hot Wheels K-Mart Street Beasts Maverick, 408 Stroker, Scat crank, Keith Black (icon) Forged Pistons, icon Forged I beam rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Comp Cams XE282HR cam, Crane Energizer Rockers, 2.02 Intake 1.60 Exhaust, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Quick Fuel 750 DP, TREMEC TKO 5 speed, Steeda shifter, 4:11 Trac Lok

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

Guns and ammo. It too does wonders for the soul.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

~~~~Hedgehogs~~~~~

For almost 20 years I have had hedgehogs as pets. What started with one, led to two, then three, and that's where my ex-husband said I had to stop. Well, enter current husband and I went on to become an official rescuer of hedgehogs with the IHA (International Hedgehog Association) and the HWS (Hedgehog Welfare Society), became a USDA licensed breeder, got in the local newspaper twice (once a huge spread and write-up on the front page-http://bolivarmonews.com/home/woman-...44e7bcf00.html ), been on TV with them, turned down another national TV appearance with them, won Reserve Best in Show at a Hedgehog Show in 2004, had hedgehogs air-brushed by my tattoo artist on a motorcycle I had, had my photo with a hedgehog in a national magazine, had one of my rescue hedgehogs on a Hedgehog calendar. I also served as an officer in the HBA (Hedgehog Breeeders Alliance).

At one time I had 22 hedgehogs, I now just have 8. I also always have a Ty beanie baby hedgehog on the dash of all of my cars.

My kitchen is decorated in hedgehogs as is their room, the "hedgehog room".

When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Known Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

I've always liked working with wood and I've turned this passion into a hobby by taking old, cracked, and rotten wood steering wheels and restoring them into usable, like-new (or better) works of art that people can proudly display on their classic vehicle. I've shown only one before & after of the same wheel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4032.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	41101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4202.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	41102
    Last edited by princetn1; 08-09-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by princetn1 View Post
    I've always liked working with wood and I've turned this passion into a hobby by taking old, cracked, and rotten wood steering wheels and restoring them into usable, like-new (or better) works of art that people can proudly display on their classic vehicle. I've shown only one before & after of the same wheel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4032.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	41101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4202.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	41102
    Beautiful work! I just took a rough steering wheel off my car but I think its similated wood.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2014CRO Member of the Week

Come on peeps, no one has any other loves besides their rides. That does not include their significant others either. They are excluded from as a second passion/hobby.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information