Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CRO Staff - Moderator
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Kicking the Tires

Default Road Trips: THEY'RE A GAS!

Love 'em or hate 'em, road trips are a big part of most people's summer plans. Whether you have a set destination or are just along for a ride, road-tripping can lead to some of our fondest, or at least our most vivid, vacation memories.

Tell us about your favorite or most memorable roadtrip, the starting point, your end point, and then any details you feel like sharing (appreciated but not necessary), and we'll send you one of 5 prizes! We'll set up a poll next Monday so the community can vote for their favorite route or story, so give your post a memorable title! Our first prize winner will receive both the Texaco metal sign and the mini gas pump, our two second prize winners will each receive one of the two other metal signs (Sunoco and Sinclair), and our two third prize winners will each receive a metal car company magnet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Road Trip Prizes.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	555.6 KB 
ID:	41067

Known Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Default Singles Bonding in Texas Panhandle

The singles group from our church was travelling back from Crested Butte, Colorado to Fort Worth, Texas. Since we wanted to maximize our skiing time on the mountain, the two-car caravan packed with girls, guys, luggage, skis, boots, blankets, and food left after the lifts closed. An hour into our 13-hour road trip, darkness fell as fast as the winter temperatures. At about 11:30pm as we travelled on US287 toward Amarillo, the lead car pulled over. Driving the second vehicle, I followed suit, got out amongst the slushy shoulder, and went up to the drivers window. Without rolling it down, she simply pointed to the left rear that was flat. I didnt know about AAA couldnt afford it anyway and didnt want to wait for help. So in the dark, freezing cold Panhandle of Texas, under all the luggage, the donut was installed and carried us to the nearest tire repair facility. Of course it didnt open until the next morning so both groups slept in the idling cars until morning.
    Last edited by princetn1; 08-02-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Add title

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - September 2010

Default Roadster Road Trip

I took a road trip to Kansas City Kansas Goodguys show with about 8 other cars. My car is open engine bay, no fenders and no top. The trip took about a 4 hour drive, we left Wichita about 6am on a Thursday, it was 42 degrees. I was bundled up like an eskimo! Spent 3 days at the show, what a great time! Weather was about 70 degrees during the day, had a great time! Left Kansas City Sunday after eating lunch, drove in rain for the next 2 hours! This trip was about 10 years ago, I still have friends that went with us that talk about how cold it was in the morning, one would tell me (he has a 70 Chevelle SS) every time he seen me driving that morning he would reach over and turn his heater up a little more...
    It was quite a road trip in on old roadster, wouldn't trade it for the world....I still drive to this day and plan on keeping until I hand it down to my grand-daughter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruz326.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	41083
    Last edited by 26HotRod; 08-02-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Add title

Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

The time I went to Gun Barrel City, TEXAS to tape the Lawn Mower Racing segment for Dude Perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3P1p6vF_CY
    Bruce Kaufman
    PR & Event Marketing Manager, Gold Eagle Co.
    www.goldeagle.com
    President, U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
    www.letsmow.com

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Default T-tops, a Camaro and three hedgehogs

Favorite road trip would have to be when I found out there was a HEDGEHOG SHOW a few hours away in Missouri back in 2004. We loaded up three hedgehogs in the blue 1978 Z-28 with T-tops and took off. It was in the summer and of course, like anything we have ever owned, we don't have air conditioning.

Once we got to the hotel where the show was, I had to sign in. At this time I was not a breeder and was only rescuing hedgehogs. I entered a male hedgehog named Sam that was almost 6 years old (normal life span is 3). He won every ribbon and when we got to the final show and we ended up getting Reserve Best in Show. My other two hedgehogs won in their class too but didn't win in any further shows.

I then sent the story and pics in to the local newspaper and they printed it on the front page after they came down and interviewed me.

Last edited by 2vette2camaro; 08-05-2016 at 01:53 AM.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

My Favorite road trip is I84 to the Oregon coast. Traveling down the Columbia River from Hermiston Or to Astoria Or.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

The most memorable for me was as part of the Hot Rod Power Tour a few years ago where we started at Coco Beach Florida and ended in Detroit. A co-worker and I flew down to FL and rented a Genesis, we were working the STA-BIL booth with Bobby Cleveleand and we drove all the way back. Can't remember the details very well but remember we had a blast

As far as most memorable moment, it was also during the Hot Rod Power Tour but this time driving with Mr. Mowitall Bruce Kaufman. We were driving through a lightning storm and all of a sudden lightning struck directly next to us and Bruce suddenly hit the gas pedal to the metal!!! I remember telling him, "Whoah!!! You're not going to outrun the lightning!".... It was hilarious his reaction to the lightning strike

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

CRO Staff - Moderator
    Achievements Kicking the Tires

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for participating in our Road Trips: THEY'RE A GAS Giveaway. We really enjoyed your stories; they were so fun to read!

Congratulations to our winners!

1st: princetn1
    2nd: 78 Elk
    3rd: 26 Hot Rod
    4th: 2vette2camaro

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

congrats to all 4 of the winners

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

WOW, can't wait to get my prize(s)!!!
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information