Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CRO Staff - Moderator
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Kicking the Tires

Default CRO ROADBLOCK: What's your favorite stop on Route 66 or what stop do you want to see?

Hi all!

We'd like to start off the week with a CRO ROADBLOCK!! This week, we want to hear all about your trips on Route 66! For those of you who have gotten to drive the famed highway, what is your favorite stop?! For those of you who haven't yet made the trip, what stop is on your list?! Let us know in this thread and next Monday we will randomly pick three winners who will each receive one of our larger prizes shown below and one of the magnets as well!

Remember, all that stands between you and these prizes is one little post, so let's get typing folks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Route66.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	40880

CRO Staff - Moderator

I have never been on Route 66 but I would love to one day! One stop I think would be really cool is at the Joe & Aggie's Caf in Holbrook, Arizona. This Caf was even mentioned in the Disney animated movie “Cars”. In the credits of the "Cars" movie they mention this place because it helped inspire them when making the movie! I think it would be really cool to stop and eat there!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

I have driven much of Route 66, especially in Arizona and California. Our favorite stop
    was Seligman, AZ, the whole town still looks like it did back in the '50's, 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by lbingham View Post
    Hi all!

We'd like to start off the week with a CRO ROADBLOCK!! This week, we want to hear all about your trips on Route 66! For those of you who have gotten to drive the famed highway, what is your favorite stop?! For those of you who haven't yet made the trip, what stop is on your list?! Let us know in this thread and next Monday we will randomly pick three winners who will each receive one of our larger prizes shown below and one of the magnets as well!

Remember, all that stands between you and these prizes is one little post, so let's get typing folks!

Name:	Route66.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	40880

CRO Staff - Moderator

I would LOVE to be able to visit the Painted Desert Inn located in Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona. I have always loved our National Parks and their history, so this would be such a fun stop for me! Also, did you know that Petrified Forest National Park is the only National Park in the country that includes and protects a section of Route 66

I'm so excited that we already have some responses, keep up the good work! Participation is easy and you could win a great prize!!

Known Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

OK, besides visiting Radiator Springs (you've got to have kids...), I would love to start my Route66 journey at Lou Mitchell's in Chicago. Opened in 1923 and serving the worlds best coffee well before trendy coffee shops!!

Rookie Member

I've never been on Route66 but I think it would be very cool to ride in my dad's classic convertible and make a "road trip" along the historic freeway. We'd stop at diners, stay in dives, feel the rush of desert air through our hair (well, mine), and bond along the way.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Since I have been working with my local Drive-In this summer, one of only THREE Drive-ins left in Arkansas, my first stop would be to the 66 drive-In in Cartage, Missouri.

Name:	DriveIn2015.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	40901

If I were in one of my cars or had a bike with me, I would love to hit up some of the old gas stations along the way, to use as great backgrounds for my machines.

Also any diners that are still in business would be AWESOME! Any time I travel, I ALWAYS try to hit up local pop and pop type restaurants instead of chain restaurants!
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

The Wife and I, won't be able to make the trip. I've been told about this trip and it sounds very interesting. I love the history!

Rookie Member

Start your trip on the longest stretch of the original Mother Road with a visit to Oatman, Ariz. Part ghost town, part gold town and part Wild West, Oatman still boasts all the Americana charm it possessed in its heyday. Relatively unchanged since its inception, this old mining town is like a time capsule of 1915 complete with wooden sidewalks and buildings adorned with white awnings. Wild burros roam the streets, waiting for tourists to feed them carrots that many of the town’s proprietors sell for a dollar. In the afternoon, you can watch local thespians act out staged gunfights.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Mine is at the intersection of Rt 66 and Romeo Rd (135th street) in Romeoville, IL. That's where I turn west to get home after work every day

Has a special place in my heart

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information