Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Seat belt bolt

CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Default Seat belt bolt

I'm having trouble getting seat belt bolt back in the floor. I glued the insulation pad down. Then put the carpet on top. I can't get the bolt to start in the threads. I've looked for a longer seat belt bolt. So far, haven't been able to find one. Is there a safety issue with replacing the original with a grade 8? All the other bolts have fit fine. Thanks for the help.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Champion303 Featured Ride - October 2013

Grade 8 bolts should be fine on the surface. I would be concerned with the added length. You don't want the bolt going too far past where the stock bolt goes through as it could come in contact with things in the chassis underneath - like brake cables, transmission connecting rods/cables, etc. So care should be taken with longer than stock bolts. The other concern with the grade 8 bolts is do they come in the same thread pattern as the stock ones?
    Of The Things I've Lost in Life, I Miss My Mind The Most! I'm Trying to Find Myself, Have You Seen Me Anywhere?

Insanity is Hereditary, You Get It From You Kids!!! I Use to Have a Life, Now I Have a Wife!!!

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Thanks Frosty, great points. I'll keep an eye on those areas.

CRO Addict

I finally got got the bolt in, and it has 2" clearance from the drive line.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

The best way to tackle bolts thru carpet are to push the bolt all the way thru the carpet and padding and THEN try to start to bolt in the hole.

CRO Addict

Thanks. The extra padding was causing problems, making the original bolt too short. What you suggested is what I had to do together.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information