Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment

Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default Disappointment

So the wifes headin out to Aerobic's, beautiful night and maybe the last ride for the Sunbird. Made up 5 doorprize packages and headed off to one of the more popular cruise nights. Arrived to find their cruise nite is over for the season. So I Justa went crusin. Lots of cars out enjoying the last throws of warm weather N sunshine.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    So the wifes headin out to Aerobic's, beautiful night and maybe the last ride for the Sunbird.
    last ride of the Sunbird? I hope you only mean for the season?

I also went for a cruise just to get in a "cold start" on the new carb settings and she did very well. I think I got the carb about 90% dialed in. I still am amazed how hard this car pulls! I'll have to hook up the GoPro on a run this weekend.

But in the meantime......

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 360Rocket View Post
    last ride of the Sunbird? I hope you only mean for the season?

I also went for a cruise just to get in a "cold start" on the new carb settings and she did very well. I think I got the carb about 90% dialed in. I still am amazed how hard this car pulls! I'll have to hook up the GoPro on a run this weekend.

But in the meantime......

Have a show this weekend, but they are calling for rain/thunderstorms Fri and Sat. Not draggin the bird out for that. Will have to take er out 1 more time to top off the tank N add Stabil. Where did the summer go? Thats a sweet exhaust. Did you figure out what mufflers are on it?

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

I still havent slid my azz under the car and checked yet. Not Flowmasters thats for sure.

Anyone notice the plate and why I may call her, "Red Devil"?

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 360Rocket View Post

Anyone notice the plate and why I may call her, "Red Devil"?
    Love the sound.

I didn't know you named your car, but I did notice your plate. My wife is superstitious and would have insisted on a different plate if that is what DMV was to offer.

Made me think of an MG I checked out a while ago.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

So the wifes headin out to Aerobic's, beautiful night and maybe the last ride for the Sunbird. Made up 5 doorprize packages and headed off to one of the more popular cruise nights. Arrived to find their cruise nite is over for the season. So I Justa went crusin. Lots of cars out enjoying the last throws of warm weather N sunshine.
    Sorry. It's easy to say, "There's next season", but that doesn't cut it, right?

Reminds me of the first car show I went to with my 66. Mind you, it was the first time I would show off my newly acquired Vette. This was the biggest Corvette show in the area, and sponsored by the top-selling Corvette dealer on Long Island. Anyway, I drive the 35 miles to get there, and when I do, no show! I'm like, WTF???

The show was held the week prior. I had my dates wrong.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Blog Entries

We still have plenty of cruise nights. Most go until OCT. Having the time N weather, play a big role of narrowing down what I can attend. Will still have the GTO to play with until Oct.

Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

We still have plenty of cruise nights. Most go until OCT. Having the time N weather, play a big role of narrowing down what I can attend. Will still have the GTO to play with until Oct.
    I Wanna go.

nah Carl, I've never really ever named cars and the plate had the opposite effect on me, I like the plate!

Now did you pass on the car because you were superstitious about the plate?

or because the car is doo doo brown? with lighter diarrea doo doo brown interior?

OR BECAUSE YOU know ALL BRITISH cars have bad wiring issues?

just sayin........

on a side note, FLORIDA Please ditch the baby blue "Antique" plates and go back to the red/white "collector" plates.

Blog Entries

OK so now the shows been canceled for Saturday because of the weather. Rescheduled for Oct. Both of my rides will be down by then.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information