Cool Rides Online®
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CRO Addict
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Thanks. In your opinion should i try a different method of paint removal?
    Last edited by 78 elk; 08-30-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

Well your issue had me curious and Ive read a few articles that state you may find yourself using different methods as well as using different brands of chemical strippers to find the one that works best for your application. The cars I have had stripped or stripped myself I've sanded or had sanded. Smaller projects I have used aircraft stripper and in my experience no 2 strippers worked the same for every project. I would think that the stuff you got from Eastwood would have been among the best but thanks to the environmental nutcases out there, nothing chemically works as it once used to.

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Thanks. I'm in agreement with you.

CRO Addict

I have talked to a shop owner who informed me that he had tried 3 different brands in his shop and they didn't do the job for him. This doesn't mean they don't work, I am stating someone else has had the same problem. I plan to Sand to bare metal and this person will help me paint.

Rookie Member
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

When using paint stripper it is imortannt to be at around 70 degrees ..Apply 2 or 3 coats .. within 10 min it should be melting the lacquer . Move the melted mess to an area that hasent had any with a plastic putty ..No it wont move Epoxy prime lol . I use to strip a complete car in 7 hrs . Wash with lacquer thinners and wait till next day to sand

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information