Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Default My fun filled progress this year

WOW, I have been super busy with so many things.....I got my 56 Panhead painted, after riding it in raw form, and we are ALMOST done with final assembly on it. We are still working on my 74 Charger. When this picture was taken, the vinyl top hadn't been done yet and the operas weren't in it. I got the vinyl top put on for my birthday. I still have to get the side stripes put on and the bulge hood painted. MAYBE then I can drive it before the year is over!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and green toys.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	6.97 MB 
ID:	37224

I have come a long way on my 39 Knucklehead- I got the frame goosenecked 7", which I absolutely LOVE!

Name:	me and knuck.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	37225

My 73 Rallye Challenger is at the body shop, but probably won't get started on until next year to go Plum Crazy. That's okay as these other projects are killing my pocket book!

My dream of getting my 81 Ironhead in "The Horse Backstreet Choppers" came true in the July issue this year with a 4 page feature. And the month before that I was the featured "Tattoo Model", so I was on a month long high (at least).

Name:	securedownload.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	37226

Name:	012.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	7.22 MB 
ID:	37227

After 2 years, "Chevy Classics" ran a 3 page feature on my 78 Z-28 that I owned 23 years but sold last year. I also got the coveted 2 page table of contents centerfold. I have been the Arkansas State Rep for them since 2005.

Name:	cc..jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	6.66 MB 
ID:	37228

Name:	cc..jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	7.51 MB 
ID:	37229

AND I won the Grand prize in the Lunati Bootlegger contest, winning a complete hydraulic cam and lifter set, T-shirts, hats, shot glasses and a HUGE banner!

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/lu...rteen-winners/

I also got a 4 page feature in "Wild Motorcycles" magazine out of France, but I can't read it! And I was just asked to become the Arkansas Representative for the Global Women who Ride project.
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Dang, woman. You're not gonna find any moss under YOUR feet.

Fantastic. Congrats !!!
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion - ChampSYE! Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Ha, and I'm sure I forgot SOMETHING..........I LIVE for goals. My dad always said "Don't rest on your laurels". As soon as I get some of these projects done, I will recalculate on where my goals need to be- kinda considering drag racing my Knucklehead as I drag raced my Z-28 for years....

This year has been mainly trying to finish my projects. And these DON'T include my husband's projects, who is trying to finish a 46 Flathead, just bought a 74 Javelin AMX, trying to build a 90 Dodge Cummins truck and also has a 66 Belvedere and a 79 Dodge 4-speed short wheel base pickup project. OH, and he just built a shop (after 12 years) and we are not done with that.

AND I have gotten hit TWICE in two weeks, in 2 different trucks! It's no wonder I write a column called "Welcome to my World" in Renegade Magazine!
    When you want something bad enough, the whole universe conspires to give it to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Kickin A... N taking names. Congrat's, enjoy the riding the wave!
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

I am trying to enjoy it all! Hope I live long enough to be able to drive the Mopars and ride the two big twins I am building!!!!

Name:	10411020_436969716480731_7387126577656348025_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	37235

In one week 5 people we knew DIED, including my first ever boyfriend.....It really makes you think. Then I fell in a hole while fishing, got hit twice, fell Monday down my steps, had a day long gallbladder attack yesterday, etc etc.

"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Name:	11831681_466107276900308_2482389689042059548_n.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	37236

CRO Addict
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling Up

Wow! That's a fun filled wild ride. Glad you are having fun and success at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

sounds like you and your husband have had a fun filled packed list of things to accomplish and get done, Congrats on all of the awards, articles you have gotten, looks like they all have been very deserving. Shame you got rid of the Z-28 I'm sure you are wishing you had it back, they say you don't miss it until its gone then its to late, but sounds like you have picked up a few other project cars and truck to fill its place. I think we may need to get you some bubble wrap to help protect yourself from injuries... Be safe and keep us all updated on all of the projects and accomplishments.

Whew, I'm back. My mother died at the end of August so I have been pre-occupied with all of that.

My interview of becoming the Arkansas Representative for the Global Women Who Ride went live on October 1 and can be viewed here-

http://www.globalwomenwhoride.com/20...chris-gibbany/

I listed Cool Rides Online as my favorite web forum! I also promoted it in Renegade Magazine, the mag that I have been writing a bi-monthly column for the last two years!

My 81 Ironhead just got a 5 page feature in "Biker Zone" magazine, out of Australia! They even mentioned my name on their website! The magazine is in Spanish so I can't read it. My Ironhead is also being featured in Germany's "Harley Davidson Dream Machines" magazine, and is supposed to be released this Friday!

The international mags are really good to me and always send me one or two copies.

So far my Ironhead has been around the world in magazines from France, UK, Australia and Germany, not counting the ones here in America! I am pretty excited since I have been riding it for the last 5 years!

I am being featured (for the third year in a row) on Throttle Gals calendar for 2016!

Just found out not long ago that my photos got used and are in the Sturgis Museum in a mural called "My First Ride". They also sent me photos of that so that I could put it into my "Brag Book".

My "brag book" is getting quite full, and I may have to start another one soon!

Oh and I have decided to paint my 73 Rallye Challenger flat black instead of Plum Crazy Purple and buy a Dyers 671 BLOWER!!!!!!! AND make that my daily driver, of course I only drive about twice a month at best, but hey, who's counting!

SOON, I will have current photos of my 74 Charger to post!

Hall of Fame Member Green Grabber's Avatar
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Chris, Sorry to hear of your mothers passing, glad to see you back though, looking forward to seeing some of those pics on the magazine features you have, post some when you can, and welcome back!
    Don't touch the trim!
    Green Grabber,2010 Hot Wheels K-Mart Street Beasts Maverick, 408 Stroker, Scat crank, Keith Black (icon) Forged Pistons, icon Forged I beam rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Comp Cams XE282HR cam, Crane Energizer Rockers, 2.02 Intake 1.60 Exhaust, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Quick Fuel 750 DP, TREMEC TKO 5 speed, Steeda shifter, 4:11 Trac Lok

Thank you Green Grabber!! And glad to be back and back to "normal" life again!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information