Cool Rides Online®
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2014CRO Member of the Week

Default Any Suggestions on taking Ride to Show In Winter?

Ok I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I figure I will start somewhere. We have had our van selected to be in a rather large car show here in the Northeast in January. The Philadelphia Auto Show to be exact. My problem is I am not crazy about driving here over 150 miles in the winter with the risk of snow, ice, etc. Road salt and all that fun stuff. We do not have a trailer to use. Enclosed or open. Do not know anyone that can loan us one. Had looked in the past about renting one but was told that it could not hold our van. Guess what I am saying is do we chance the weather and accept or just say forget it? We have done Motorama in the past in February but that is only 50 miles from us in Harrisburg, PA. We have lucked out thus far with that one and not had any bad weather.
    I am open to suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

that is a long ride in the winter season would be nice to put it in that show for sure did you talk to any local flatbed towers in your area ? it is a place to start,, I hear that is a great show you said they asked you to put it in ,will they pay any to-wards getting it there ? my brother in-law was paid to bring his car up from Florida three years ago "" worth a try,,
    ,I know what you mean they want to put my 40 ply, coupe in the cavalcade custom car show near me and my 23t- enclosed trailer is to small to fit it in it ,but I am still considering putting it in it we are getting hammered tonight and tomorrow up to two to three feet of snow

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO ChampionSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2014CRO Member of the Week

I have contacted the ones who want me to put it in as a special exhibit to see if they can help us out or know of some way to help us out with this. I am hoping to hear back from them. I do actually know some that have enclosed trailers that will fit a full size van but they are in the midwest. It would be great if we had good weather here in the winter but it can change in a 12 hour period so hence the problem. If a Nor'Easter comes up the coast it could be a couple flurries or a couple feet in the Philly area or here. Hence the problem as well. I hate to turn this down but do not want to risk damage or accident.
    Thanks for the suggestion on the transport. I may check on the cost for one. Depends on the cost to see what happens there too. We shall see. Thanks and wish us luck.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by nautic1 View Post
    I have contacted the ones who want me to put it in as a special exhibit to see if they can help us out or know of some way to help us out with this. I am hoping to hear back from them. I do actually know some that have enclosed trailers that will fit a full size van but they are in the midwest. It would be great if we had good weather here in the winter but it can change in a 12 hour period so hence the problem. If a Nor'Easter comes up the coast it could be a couple flurries or a couple feet in the Philly area or here. Hence the problem as well. I hate to turn this down but do not want to risk damage or accident.
    Thanks for the suggestion on the transport. I may check on the cost for one. Depends on the cost to see what happens there too. We shall see. Thanks and wish us luck.
    good luck I am thinking of going to that one might see you there

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Ship it there, ship it home.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

I guess you could get FEDX they will ship anything

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool

Get a hold of a Land Scaping Company with an enclosed trailer and see if they will do it...

Best bet would be a car hauling company...

Here's the info for the company I used to get my car to me:

http://www.passporttransport.com/
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information