Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default SSBC brakes very bad review

About 3 months ago I was looking to upgrade my brakes. I had picked out a couple kits from Summit and got ahold of SSBC to verify which one would work.

They gave me the part # that they said was the one that I needed. I ordered from Summit.

When it came in I opened it and it said it was a drum to disc conversion so I contacted SSBC again and they again said it was the kit I needed. I have factory disc.

Fast forward to this morning, my car is on jack stands and partially taken apart. I start to get out the parts and they will NOT work for my app. I again called SSBC and they told me that wasn't the kit I needed, gave me the part #s and told me to call Summit.

After talking to Summit Racing the rotors were in stock but the calipers wont be avail. until the 1st week of Sept.

The rep at Summit worked out another kit for me (Wilwood) and will ship 1st thing Monday morning. Tia at Summit is a first class person working for a first class company. They are issuing a pick ticket for the return of the ssbc kit for a full refund applied to the cost of the Wilwood kit.

In summary, SSBC might have a good product but I will never find out as I will never buy anything from them. Their customer service and tech support gets a -10 on a scale of 1 to 10. To say the least they really tweaked my cookies.
    Cheers, Sean
    Does anyone have any marbles for sale? I seem to have lost all mine.
    Proud owner of Misty Meaner 1969 El Camino SS396
    http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu.../user/myelkyss
    1973 Vega hatchback "Dennis the Menace"

Achievements Kicking the Tires

I ordered a front brake set from jegs for my 86 regal they bolted right on and I have not had a problem with them

Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

I've had SSBC front brake setup,slotted rotors and two piston caliphers, on my '80 ElCamino for over seven years with no problems.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information