Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default Classic Chevy or Ford old time question which would you rather own and why ?

Classic Chevy or Ford old time question which would you rather own and why ?

Hall of Fame Member Green Grabber's Avatar
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by BZNOVA View Post
    Classic Chevy or Ford old time question which would you rather own and why ?
    I grew up riding around in both brands, I remember laying in the rear deck looking out the back window of Mom and Dads Chevy Impala watching the streetlights and stars, been places in Dad old 2 wheel drive Ford Pickup I would never try and take a new 4 wheel drive one through, I like both brands but of course I had to choose when I became of age to drive my own, so Ford it was, I own GM and Ford right now, but for my Classic, I prefer Ford, I know more about working on them as I have had 16 or more Mavericks up into my 30's. and now the Maverick count continues...I am up to 20 something now!
    Don't touch the trim!
    Green Grabber,2010 Hot Wheels K-Mart Street Beasts Maverick, 408 Stroker, Scat crank, Keith Black (icon) Forged Pistons, icon Forged I beam rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Comp Cams XE282HR cam, Crane Energizer Rockers, 2.02 Intake 1.60 Exhaust, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Quick Fuel 750 DP, TREMEC TKO 5 speed, Steeda shifter, 4:11 Trac Lok

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

My Dad N Gramps always had Ford trucks. Following tradition I have always had a Ford truck sitting next to my GM cars.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Ride of the Month Winner - July 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - July 2014

Back when I was a kid, my dad bought a 69 Nova. It was just an old beater that he drove back and forth to work but I thought it was cool because it was the first two door car I could ever remember him having (I was around 12 or 13 at the time). Because of that, I bought a 73 Nova for my first car. Fast forward many years, I now own a 65 Chevelle, a 52 Willys Aero Lark project, and drive a Ford F150 every day. I love most all makes of cars and if I would ever hit the lottery the first three cars that I'd buy would be a 64 Ford Thunderbolt, a 1969 427 Yenko Nova and a 1968 hemi Dart.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2014STA-BIL Featured Ride - Featured February 2014

my dad always had a few Chevy's mostly Impalas, and a few Fords mostly Mustangs, but mostly had Olds when I was growing up. So I would have to choose Olds, but since they don't make them any longer, Oh well. When I became old enough to have cars I have had a variety of makes and models. But having to choose a make between Chevy and Ford I would have to go with Chevy since they were the most make of hot rods and cars that I have owned. Nothing against any other make because they are all good cars I just know more about Chevy's than Fords.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

well I have owned or built just about everything from Chevy"s to ford to mopars and a few Pontiac's my 57 Chevy belair was my favorite and right now I would say as much as I love my wifes 40 Plymouth coupe I would have to say I really enjoy my 23ford t-bucket,

Blog Entries
    Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Very cool. The for story

Blog Entries

Great answer :D

Blog Entries

Default oh ya

Great answer I'm with you on the. 69 nova

Blog Entries

Default classics

Well the first car as a kid I loved was my mom's 63 thunderbird. And our 65 mustang. So Ford was it but I love the 50s 60s chevys now they rock but I do dig all classics and there designs
    Last edited by BZNOVA; 07-15-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information