Cool Rides Online®
    Legendary Member gothic_smurf_89's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default first love for cars

ok we all got that first car we failed in love with

for me i was about 5 years old
    and failed in love with an 57 chevy 2 door belair hardtop...red

and till this day,i still love them
    but my list has grew
    love cars n trucks from all years

heres some i loved over the years

91 3000gt vr4
    86 1.2 - 91 toyota supra
    mits scarlot and chrylser conquest
    note i like alot of hatchback and flip up headlights
    70's plymouth duster
    60's chevy c10's stepside
    80's-90's chevy 1500 stepsides
    old ford stepsides...note i like stepsides
    70's buick gxs
    80's buick gnx and 87ish monte carlo

i am sure i am leaving some out

if i had all these,,,,man ...mhmmm.lol
    they whould be driven.not sitting.lol

so what about you guys and girls...lets hear it...then we can see who has some of the same likes
    note i love all cars,,,but these are some i love to own..or least drive once in my life
    if you aint breaking it.you aint driven it right.haha

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

My Dad's 48 Ford hotrod is the 1st car to make an impression on me.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards STA-BIL Featured Ride - August 2012CRO Member of the Week

My dad got a 75 cordoba I was about 5 or 6 and I loved that car thats were it started for me
    OLD MOPARS NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

my dads 57 dodge 2-door ht, red ram V8 with factory cross ram 2-fours, black with red interior and swing out buckets, I would love to find one , has to be one of the rarest ones out there,,

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by 23t-bucket View Post
    my dads 57 dodge 2-door ht, red ram V8 with factory cross ram 2-fours, black with red interior and swing out buckets, I would love to find one , has to be one of the rarest ones out there,,
    awesome.....first cars i remember my dad had when i was around was an 72 olds and then an 71

Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards SYE! Featured Ride - Featured December 2013

I became infatuated with cars at around 9 the house next door was a rental and some people moved in that raced cars at our local circle track [my father and I went there every Saturday night to watch the races] I started hanging around there [basicly getting in the way] but I learned a few things, they moved out and another couple moved in he built woods buggy's and raced them [woods buggy race tracks are cut out of a large stand of trees leaving the stumps] we used Renault cars brought them home rolled them on their sides and cut off the engine/transaxle and front axle/suspension [similar to a VW] then built the car from scratch. Several years later the people at the other end of the block started building mini stocks out of 57-60 Anglia's, the man, his sons and myself [now around 13/14] and this biker guy built the cars the sons did the racing I did this for quite a few years which led to working on many different race cars along with fixing my friends cars. I started street racing in high school and after graduation kept it up, but by 19 I was married with a kid so in 1979 I joined the Air Force and became an Aircraft Mechanic worked on fighter jets till 1989 when my enlistment ended and came home. I have been building my own street cars since!!!

My list of cars
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 440/4 speed--- [junk yard]
    1972 Ford Torino Grand Sport 429/auto --- [traded in for 76 c10 4x4]
    1974 Toyota corolla 400 sb chevy/400 auto --- [lost in divorce]
    1971 Ford Pinto 351 cleveland/auto ---- [lost in divorce]
    1976 Chevy C10 Scottsdale short bed 4x4, 6" lift, 400/400, 35" mudders --- [lost in divorce]
    1968 Olds cutlass [442/w30 tribute car] project --- [sold]
    19?? Ford ranger pick up [stock 4 cyl] --- [lost in divorce]
    1978 Pontiac Lamans Safari Wagon 305/auto [hot rod grocery getter] --- [traded in for 95 cummins]
    1995 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Dually --- [sold]
    1968/9 Chevy C10 short bed fleet 406 sb/400 auto, 411 posi, 4/6 drop, full custom. My first complete build. --- [sold]
    1979 Chevy Impala more door 355sb/350 auto rebuilt this car twice [1998 and 2006] --- [sold]
    1991 Nassan 240 SX 2.4 kade shaved head, 5 speed conv., 3" full exhaust, 3" drop street race car.----[sold]
    1998 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Dually Quad cab --- [totaled in fire]
    2005 Mustang V6/auto full 2.5 Stainless dual exhaust, CAI, hot coil,2.5 drop,2006 GT wheels, heavy tune ---[traded for 11 stang]
    2011 Mustang V6/6 speed Magnaflow competition axle back exhaust, ford racing CAI, 2013 GT wheels, 373 rear gears soft tune. --- [currently own]
    2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 5.9/auto, 2.5 lift, flow sound single chamber dual exhaust.---- [currently own]
    1966 Plymouth Barracuda 273/auto, 2/3 drop, factory air car --- [currently own]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
    I became infatuated with cars at around 9 the house next door was a rental and some people moved in that raced cars at our local circle track [my father and I went there every Saturday night to watch the races] I started hanging around there [basicly getting in the way] but I learned a few things, they moved out and another couple moved in he built woods buggy's and raced them [woods buggy race tracks are cut out of a large stand of trees leaving the stumps] we used Renault cars brought them home rolled them on their sides and cut off the engine/transaxle and front axle/suspension [similar to a VW] then built the car from scratch. Several years later the people at the other end of the block started building mini stocks out of 57-60 Anglia's, the man, his sons and myself [now around 13/14] and this biker guy built the cars the sons did the racing I did this for quite a few years which led to working on many different race cars along with fixing my friends cars. I started street racing in high school and after graduation kept it up, but by 19 I was married with a kid so in 1979 I joined the Air Force and became an Aircraft Mechanic worked on fighter jets till 1989 when my enlistment ended and came home. I have been building my own street cars since!!!

My list of cars
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 440/4 speed--- [junk yard]
    1972 Ford Torino Grand Sport 429/auto --- [traded in for 76 c10 4x4]
    1974 Toyota corolla 400 sb chevy/400 auto --- [lost in divorce]
    1971 Ford Pinto 351 cleveland/auto ---- [lost in divorce]
    1976 Chevy C10 Scottsdale short bed 4x4, 6" lift, 400/400, 35" mudders --- [lost in divorce]
    1968 Olds cutlass [442/w30 tribute car] project --- [sold]
    19?? Ford ranger pick up [stock 4 cyl] --- [lost in divorce]
    1978 Pontiac Lamans Safari Wagon 305/auto [hot rod grocery getter] --- [traded in for 95 cummins]
    1995 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Dually --- [sold]
    1968/9 Chevy C10 short bed fleet 406 sb/400 auto, 411 posi, 4/6 drop, full custom. My first complete build. --- [sold]
    1979 Chevy Impala more door 355sb/350 auto rebuilt this car twice [1998 and 2006] --- [sold]
    1991 Nassan 240 SX 2.4 kade shaved head, 5 speed conv., 3" full exhaust, 3" drop street race car.----[sold]
    1998 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Dually Quad cab --- [totaled in fire]
    2005 Mustang V6/auto full 2.5 Stainless dual exhaust, CAI, hot coil,2.5 drop,2006 GT wheels, heavy tune ---[traded for 11 stang]
    2011 Mustang V6/6 speed Magnaflow competition axle back exhaust, ford racing CAI, 2013 GT wheels, 373 rear gears soft tune. --- [currently own]
    2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 5.9/auto, 2.5 lift, flow sound single chamber dual exhaust.---- [currently own]
    1966 Plymouth Barracuda 273/auto, 2/3 drop, factory air car --- [currently own]
    damn man.nice intro though...nice list of vechile also..to bad about the road runner..love the old c10's myself

That was my first car I broke a timing chain and while I was in basic training my father junked it cause it was killing his grass. A few of my old and current cars all maintained and built by myself!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_3199.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	25698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_3616.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	25699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	25700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	25701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	25702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	25703

My roadrunner and torino and my 76 4x4 my first dually the 240sx and my c10 at a show with the orange one [we always showed together stock and custom].Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_2774.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	25705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asst old photos 021.jpg 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	25707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	25708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asst old photos 014.jpg 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	25709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	25706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	25704

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Champion

The first car I ever fell in love with was when I was 6yrs old, my grandfather had a 66' Mustang. I just fell in love with that car, I would like to someday be able to restore it. I think it would be a nice way of keeping memories of my grandfather.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information