Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default It's Back! CoolRidesOnline.net & DSS present "The Big Bracket ShootOut 2"!

November 23rd 9:00pm (Eastern)!!

FOR IPHONE/IPAD USERS ONLY FB ACCOUNT REQUIRED

Allright, here's the skinny.....

There's a FREE drag racing app available at the App. Store called Door Slammers Drag Racing. It's a great drag racing game that can only be played only on i devices (ISO) at this time. You can play the game and become deadly competitive in bracket racing without spending a dime. Just great, free, drag racing fun. You can tune/modify your car in any manner you want, and go real fast if you decide to spend a couple dollars. This race is an "Open Bracket Race" though, meaning you can bring a car as slow or as fast as you desire.

To get started, you will need to create a name in your GameCenter on your iphone/ipad. That will be the name you race under in Door Slammers. If you do not create a name, you will race as a "Guest". Which is fine to start, but you will need a name to be eligible for the CRO race.

There is also a FaceBook Page called Door Slammer Shootout. It's a very clean, very friendly, FB support page started by a couple racers of the game when it started (not quite a year ago). They also hold and co-ordinate all the races. There are multiple weekly races, special monthly races, and racing in between. The page is a dedicated page that is used for DS gamers. If you have questions, the page can help. I am on the page as Shawn Morgan as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120550571447642/

The first post on the DS FB page tells you what you will need to know in order to sign up when the race comes up in September.

I've been playing the game since Dec., and know it inside and out. It's pretty simple, start with enough free cash to buy a car, win races, win more cash, upgrade car. There's a Bracket Racing Room, Heads Up Room, Grudge Room, etc. I can help you with any questions you may have. Feel free to post them here and I will respond in a timely manner. I race under the name of Div3-RacerX <DSF/DSS> and race quite a bit, I mean it is addicting if you love drag racing!!

Here's the specifics of the CoolRidesOnline.net Big Bracket Shootout 2

November 13th 9:00pm EST
    Open Bracket
    Any Car
    Any Combo
    Double Elimination

Winner: $100
    Runner Up: CRO Prize Package full of Gold Eagle Products and CRO Apparel
    3rd Place: CRO T-Shirt & Hat

You must be at least 18 years of age, and a CRO Member to claim prizes.

That's right! Win real Money without spending a dime, from your couch!!!! This will be biggest purse of any DSS race held to date, and the field is expected to be huge! So get the app, and get to racing!!:

I want to give a huge thanks to CoolRidesOnline for stepping up to sponsor this event.
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 11-13-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Rookie Member
    Achievements Kicking the Tires

I'm very very proud to be hosting part two of this over the top event! last time we had 44 entries. Hopefully we break 50 this time! Thanks again CRO!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

1 More day!!!!

Just started a DS thread in GOT. Any one that needs/wants any help/tips with the game, that is the place to go.

The server is down! First time it's happened in the year that I've been playing. Hope it's for a long overdue update, but either way, it's been decided that if the server is not up and running by 7pmE, then we will have to reschedule.....

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    The server is down! First time it's happened in the year that I've been playing. Hope it's for a long overdue update, but either way, it's been decided that if the server is not up and running by 7pmE, then we will have to reschedule.....

The server is back up, and all appears to be running normally

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Did it all go OK?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Did it all go OK?

Yes it did!

Full race recap coming this evening.

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    Yes it did!

Full race recap coming this evening.

Define okay? LOL I'd say losing with a 0.003 reaction time and running dead on my dial is not okay!

It was a pretty crazy event, with a tone of people running the number and chopping down the tree. You could call it a lumber jack convention.

Fell asleep early! I feel like I'm 60, lol! I have to get the boy to school, then Ill be be right back to get this posted.

Fist I want to give A HUGE Thanks to CoolRidesOnline for stepping up to sponsor this second event!!!

Yes, the server came back up about an hour and a half before race time. Still not sure what the reason for being down was, but we were all glad to see it come back up and the race started on schedule without a hitch!

We didn't have quite as many entries as last time, but we think that we learned that was due to being held on a Saturday night instead of a Wednesday night like the last race was. For some reason or another, Wednesday nights seem to be the best night to draw the biggest crowd of racers. Note taken! BUT, we still had a very nice field, full of the toughest racers the game has to offer! It was also some of tightest competition racing that we've had to date. We had one race where both racers ran dead on their dial, and the RT's were .003 & .001, that's a .002 MOV and a race that simple can't get any tighter!! And there were quite a few other racers that were almost just as tight. It was simply cut-throat bracket racing at it's very best! Without any further a-do.......The Winner is.....

1st Place - Jeff Hagwood (CRO Member)

2nd Place - Austin Russo (CRO Member)

3rd Place - TeamScorpions Hartsville (CRO Member)

Congratulations to all three on a job well done!!

Here's a link to the completed ladder...

http://Door_Slammers_Facebook.challo...oolRidesOnline

Again, THANK YOU to CoolRidesOnline for being such a great sponsor!

Last edited by Gtdhw; 11-27-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information