Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Cars N Coffee

Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Default Cars N Coffee

Just found the out other day about this event place here in Mountain Home, AR on Saturday, the 26th. Should be an interesting event taking place at a vegetarian café...most of the folks I have known who operated or patronized shops like that are usually such big time tree-huggers that they usually don't like hot rods, muscle cars, etc.

Think I will have to take it in just to see how it goes, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Looks like a good time. Let us know how it goes.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Will do, I just hope they have the coffee ready since we are supposed to be there to line up at about 6:30 in the morning, and this morning it was only 33 degrees at that time, think I will take some of my own with me just in case, lol.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Hey tree huggers....BUY a Volt, I need your fossil fuel.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    Hey tree huggers....BUY a Volt, I need your fossil fuel.
    LOL, I agree Justa!

The event turned out to be pretty good. Ended up having about 35 folks show up. Some stayed a few minutes, some stayed about an hour, and some stayed the whole time. And folks started showing up from about 6:30 this morning, until about 9:30, so we had a pretty good changing of the guard routine working, lol.

Tree huggers present behaved themselves pretty well, and we had a couple of folks who didn't know about the event show up in their M38A1 Jeeps both restored to their U.S. Army configurations. One was built in 1946 and also had a Jeep trailer that was also built in 1946. The other was built in 1951 and saw combat service with the Army's 15th Infantry Division during the Korean War and was a M38A1C model with the split windshield so that a recoilless rifle could be mounted on the vehicle. The owner has had it for about 15 years or so now I think he said, and about 5 years ago he ran across a book that was written in the mid-50s about the 15ths exploits during the Korean War and in the book (which he keeps in the glove box) is a picture of this very Jeep with the recoilless rifle mounted on the back.

After spending close to 4 hours there, I headed home to swap some stuff out, and then headed over to the high school and watched the 6th grade son of our "adopted into the family niece" and his team remain undefeated in their football league. Then it was time for the 6th grade son of an actual niece and his team to do the same thing. Next Saturday is going to be rough, both of them have to play 2 games, and 1 of those will be against each other, so somebody isn't going to remain undefeated, lol. I think I am going to now probably crash the rest of the evening and start going through the videos and pictures from the football games, lol.

More pictures are posted in My Garage in the album titled "10-26-2013 Cars N Coffee."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	047.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	22814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	22815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	22816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	22817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	22818  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	22819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	22820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	22821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	22822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	22823  

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Putting my marketing hat on - That is a great way to get some business to morning Cafe shop

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Putting my marketing hat on - That is a great way to get some business to morning Cafe shop
    That it is, and the folks there were nice enough to open their doors 2 hours early for us, since we had to start clearing the parking lot around 10am so that those who want to use the library could get in. Hopefully next year more cars will be out there each month. I wasn't involved in with setting up the event, but after hanging around the club I am in, have learned a little politeness, so I made sure to make a trip inside before we left to thank the folks at the café for opening up so early and for getting the library to have someone there so we could have a restroom, lol. Maybe if we keep them happy, they won't get annoyed if we run a little late clearing the lot sometimes, lol.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information