Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Cool wifes second trophy in a week with her new ride

wife is a happy camper ,this last Wednesday her car got picked for the CRO,pick of the month at the drifters car cruise,and got a trophy ,and yesterday at a big car show right on the lake here in buffalo NY she got a trophy for second place for best street rod the old Plymouth is having a good week ,I just finished it about a month ago and she has only been in a few shows now that it is all done ,the wife loves her new ride and is having a ball driving it everywhere, it is a beautiful white pearl coustom paint that looks awesome in the sunlight ,327 Chevy corvette with a -400 turbo,, power steering and power brakes and tilt wheel and is a great driver, she calls it << THE RARE PEARL,>> there were only 360 Plymouth business coupes built in 1940 it is definitely a rare pearl, ,you did good dear, congrats on your new ride now that I have it all done,enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Congratulations to her!

Beautiful color!!!!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards SYE! Featured Ride - Featured December 2013

Congrats to her and nice car you did a fine job from what I can see. May I ask a question [no offence intended] why a Chevy motor in a rare Mopar like this one, just curious that's all. Do you have more photos of it you could share. Never mind I just read the other post that is beautiful and the interior looks very nice GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
    ... May I ask a question [no offence intended] why a Chevy motor ...
    That it's a Corvette motor, a CORVETTE motor ... is answer enough. I mean, what the ...

Oh, congratulations to your wife.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Ok it's a Corvette motor [still a Chevy just the same] my point is why not a Mopar motor in a Mopar, i'm sure the answer is you could build 2 Chevy motors for what it takes to build a Mopar and that's a gimmie!!! Not trying to be an ass but just interested in why 9 out of 10 hotrods use Chevy drivetrains instead of Ford in a Ford, Mopar in Mopar! I just believe in keeping it brand loyal, unless it's an oddball brand then all's fair!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
    why 9 out of 10 hotrods use Chevy drivetrains instead of Ford in a Ford, Mopar in Mopar!
    I'm a Chevy man so I'm biased. I understand the keeping it brand loyal thought. I've never built a hot rod. Maybe using Chevy parts is easier???
    Last edited by cor66vette; 08-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

I'm sure it's a cost/parts availability thing, i'm an all car/truck guy I just prefer Mopars.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Question why a Chevy motor?

well the Plymouth already had a sweet running Chevy 327 vette motor in it when I took the car in trade last year on our 86 pace car vette vert we had that had a standard in it and she wont drive stick,,, that is our vette on the day he loaded it on the trailer in the pictures below to take it home and he trailered the 40 Plymouth to us,,, and I built my 23t with a four speed in it and she just wanted me to get a car with automatic she could drive and call her own ,thus the 40 Plymouth was a great deal for us seeing it already had a great motor running and the 400 turbo all in it running great ,so it was not much of a decision ,it had already been set up and driving just needed finishing ,and yes if I had started this from the beginning I would of put a newer hemi in it , but it gets the thumbs up everywhere she drives it ,have only seen one other 40 coupe in the area, and it was not a business coupe and many people don't even realize that it is a Plymouth ,usually people come up and have to ask what it is, the wife loves it as her father had a forty Plymouth when she was just a kid ,wish I could put a mopar motor in it ,,but she says please leave it alone and let me drive it ,, only going to add air cond, this winter for her, it runs great, rides great, and drives strait ,even at 70 to 80 on the open road <PS. I ALSO BUILT THE 23T-BUCKET WITH A CHEVY 355 CRATE MOTOR IN IT ,,> guess it was just that I had a great deal on it and a m22-rock crusher 4-speed Muncie close ratio tranny, it flies with the 4;10 in the rear,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0633.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	19637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0199.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	19638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0794.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	19636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0768.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	19635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0651.jpg 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	19634  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0652.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	19633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0648.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	19632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0646.jpg 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	19631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0643.jpg 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	19630  

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Congratulations to you and your wife again buddy!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Congrats to your wife for having such a winning ride, and congrats to you for letting her have it, how much of the show prep cleaning does she make you to get a ride in it?

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information