Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Default October Car Fest in Mountain Home, AR on October 12th

On October 12th (rain date of October 13th), the Classic Chevy Club of North Arkansas and the good folks at Century 21 Lemac Realty East are having our October Car Fest from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We will have dash plaques for the first 100 vehicles, judging on the 100 point system with awards going to the Top 75 cars that are NOT members of our club (club awards will be separate from those), plus an award for the club with the largest presence. There will also be door prizes, cash awards, free hot dogs and drinks supplied by a local car dealership, a People's Choice award, and best of, the ladies of our club will be walking around with trays of free cookies, mostly homemade ones! And along with the cookies, since some of our club members have cars from the '50s, some of the club ladies will also be in '50s outfits and one of our members will be playing dj and playing some tunes throughout the day.

The link to our club website is : http://www.classicchevyclubofnoar.com/
    and the link to the event flyer is : http://www.classicchevyclubofnoar.co...Car%20Fest.pdf

If you are (or will be) in the North Central Arkansas area, come on out and have some fun with us.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Post Sounds like a fun show!

That sounds like a fun show!

How many cars in total are you guys expecting?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO Champion - November 2014ISO-HEET Featured Ride - May 2012CRO Member of the Week

That looks like a really cool gathering.
    Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse

Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    That sounds like a fun show!

How many cars in total are you guys expecting?
    For a rural community with a population of about 12,000, we usually have a pretty good turnout.

The past 2 or 3 years we have been getting 15-25 more than the year before, last year we had over 100 show up so we are planning for about 150 this year to play it safe, but then again, our Spring show last year had 99 participants, and this year it had about 130 (on a day that had scattered rain till about 9:00 AM and was overcast till Noon) so we may counting it short, lol. Both shows are a lot of fun, the Spring show is a free, non-judged one so we get a lot more of the works in progress, and the 20 to 30 year old daily drivers, but those are fun too cause you never know what you are going to see. We have a lot of good support from our local sponsors as well.

It usually turns out to be a lot of fun. No one realized it till the awards were given out, but our Best of Show vehicles are in 2 classes, 1980 and older, and 1981 and newer, and we wound up with a pair of Corvettes taking both. So that makes this years dash plaque look like it is from a Vette Show since we use the previous years winners for the next year plaque, lol, along with the business sign for the primary sponsor of the show. I will attach the photo used for this year. I am still a rookie at making video files, merging 2 photos into 1, etc., but since I took the "official" photos of last years show, I got tagged with creating the picture for the plaque, merged the top half of the photo of the sponsors sign with the bottom half of the best photo of the show winners. I will try and get an album going on my garage of last years show, along with this years and possibly to the forum as well if I can figure out best place/way to get them on the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Send me an email with more details of the show - I'll let you know about what programs we have for supporting car shows

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Due to weather, this show is not taking place today, will use our rain date of tomorrow, the 13th. Too much rain during the early-to-mid morning. Course, now that I am home, the sun is shining, but there is another band of showers expected before noon, and on my 2 mile trip home from the show site after we called it off for today, there was a lightning strike about a 1/4 mile to the side of the road I was on, so yeah, Sunday looks like it will be a better day to take the cars out, lol.

Probably be a lower turnout being a Sunday here in our portion of the Bible Belt, but as one of our club members pointed out, our sponsor who was planning to bring 500 hot dogs to grill on a wood fire will just have that many more for us to eat!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information