Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checking the GaugesAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Blog Contributor

Question 2014 Impala, your thoughts?

Here is an article that has received a lot of attention. If you guys have not heard already, the Impala received a 95/100 in consumer reports. What are your thoughts? The article is below!

http://coolridesonline.net/news-blog...ports-ranking/

Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

I actually liked the front end on our '06 Impala SS better than the new edition, and maybe it was because we had a fully decked out SS, but over the 4 and a half years we had it the only thing I ever found I didn't like was that it was front wheel drive, that 5.3 l V8 would have been even more fun as a rear wheel drive model, lol. Glad the magazines are coming around to it, I have liked Impalas going back to the '50s models with the tail fins.

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2014CRO Member of the Week

It will make for a nice police cruiser. zero style.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checking the GaugesAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the Tires

I think a lot of cops get the SHO Taurus, could you imagine getting a chevy SS as a police crusier

Achievements Burning TiresStepping on the GasBuckling UpChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Quote Originally Posted by colin_d View Post
    I think a lot of cops get the SHO Taurus, could you imagine getting a chevy SS as a police crusier

That would be nice, I am still waiting on the Arkansas State cops to auction off a certain one of their 2010 Chargers if they haven't already since I not seen it in a while. Like my old '06 Impala SS should have been, a Charger should be 2-doors, but I could live with that one. Normally they run white cars with blue stripes, but this one was dark gray and in large black block letters down the side (from front tires to rear) "PURSUIT 1." Had a supercharger and more added under the hood and a Borla exhaust system. Don't know why it was in our area for a couple of years though, except for about 4 miles of a bypass around town, we don't have any 4-lanes within 60 miles (yeah yeah, I know, if thats the case, why did I replace the Impala SS and its 303hp that I couldn't open up with a 400hp Camaro SS?). That may be why its not around here anymore.

Blog Entries

Like you, even cops like having extra horsepower for no reason

Like you, even cops like having extra horsepower for no reason
    Exactly! LOL. Although I will admit, I did open the Camaro up quite a bit when the folks in St. Louis at Barnes Hospital called to say they had located a kidney for the transplant my wife had been waiting on for 7 years and then they asked "how quick can you get here from Mountain Home?" I don't think they really expected the 290 mile trip to end up with us actually sitting in the admitting area in 3 hours and 24 minutes from the time we left the house even counting the stops at the ATM and to make a fuel/potty break. We ended up being there before they were even ready for us. Thank goodness for daylight running on the first 160-some miles since it was all 2-lane county and state roads, and a friend in law enforcement who passed our vehicle info to the AR and MO state troopers, lol. Plus we got the call on April 15th, we actually have a reason to like Tax Day for a change.

I stopped in at our local Cadillac/Chevrolet dealer this morning. Wanted to see if they had any of the 2014 Camaros on the lot yet or not, plus they were giving out free food and sodas and I wanted to put my name in the drawing for one of the 12 60" tvs they are going to give away, lol.

No Camaros except for a used 2011 and a used 2012 model, but they had several of the 2014 Impalas on the lot. Took one of them for a test drive. I like it, not enough to trade my Camaro, but it is a nice car. I love the radio in it, Hank pointed out a neat option on it. You know when you pull in somewhere just as a good song is coming on and you either have to miss it or sit in the car in the lot for a minutes or someone is trying to talk and you have to turn the volume down? The radio is like your tv, you can hit the pause button, and it will mute and stop playing the music. Then when the talk is done or you come back after going into the store, hit the play button and it will pick up from where you hit pause, and it will hold up to 20 minutes of air time and then take you back to live play or you can switch back to live once your song is over. It also has remote start, but like our Camaro, all it does is start, it won't drive up to the door and pick you up, lol.

He also said GM is making a police version of the new 440-hp rear wheel drive SS that a number of departments are showing interest in.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

I like it great looking car

Revving Up
    Blog Entries
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Default 2014 Impala, your thoughts?

I rented a black LTZ impala on a biz trip. Absolutely adored everything about it. Super classy and the great engine.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information