Cool Rides Online®

Thread: drop spindles

Known Member
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineChecking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Default drop spindles

Hi guys--haven't posted in quite awhile--no excuse just lazy I guess...Have a quick question. Wife's coupe(76 Nova front steer clip) needs some spindles. haven't found ang good used ones locally--friend of a friend has a set of new McGaughy 2 inch drop spindles I can get ---question is will they work. I have 15x6 wheels with 4 inch backspacing and 205-70 tires. The only thing that I can see having a problem is the backing plate hitting the lower control arm. I talked to the tech guru at Mc Gaughy's and he said that with the 6 inch wheel and 4 inch backspacing it is going to hit the caliper. Maybe I am getting old and do not comprehend any more but I don't understand(maybe stubborn also) why it would hit the caliper. It doesn't hit now and I cannot figure out why it would with that setup. Enlighten me if possible---will this setup work or not. He says I would have to use a wheel spacer for it to work--don't have one now. thanks for help in advance

Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Seems like you would hit an A arm before the caliper? A spacer would only put the wheel far out reducing backspace. Call jegs hotline help.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information