Cool Rides Online®
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Exclamation Featured Rides of the Month – April 2013

Featured Rides of the Month – April 2013

Posted on April 1, 2013 by Marcel
    Each month the Cool Rides Online team and sponsors select FIVE cool rides to feature. All featured rides will receive a care package with over $150 worth of prizes. But that’s just where the fun starts! The five featured rides then compete via online poll for the honor of being chosen as the Cool Rides Online Ride of the Month! The ride of the month will receive an additional marble plaque, an official Pit Crew Jersey and a chance to compete again for the Ride of the Year! For full promotion details Click HERE. For the entry form Click HERE. Now to meet this month’s featured rides!

Representing STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer: Derek’s 1964 Pontiac Parisienne Safari
    The perfect family hotrod. The car is a 32,000 original mile six passenger wagon with only one repaint about 10 years ago. The original 283 V8 and two speed Powerglide have been replaced with a warmed up Chevy 350 and Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed. As my family requirements began to change, so did my car requirements. I had to have something that could haul the kids, their strollers, the car seats and…. just flat out haul!!! It was very important to me that my children be exposed to the car hobby at a young age just as I was. My old man toted me around in his 62 Grand Prix as a kid and I’ve never looked back. As strange as it sounds, this is the most useful old car I have ever owned and it turns more heads than any classic I have ever owned. Who knew wagons could be cool??? Maybe one day minivans will be cool….Yeah one day…

Representing 104+ Octane Boost: Jim’s 1981 Chevrolet Malibu
    I bought the car in 2005. It was basically a street sleeper, engine, trans, and rear end were done, and I havent done much to the power train, except change the carb and give it a tune up and get it dyno’d. Has 369 horses after the Dyno Tune. I plan to upgrade the top end this year, or put some money into the interior. A few of the current Mods are: Custom built trunk spoiler, Shaved-narrowed, recessed bumpers. Custom lowering body kit. Shaved door handles and a cowl induction hood. Also put in a Brake line lock, for more fun with the burn outs. Front and rear Drag shocks and Springs. And a 4:10 rear end. Then added some American Racing Wheels, “Hopster” rims to hive it a nice Streeet Muscle Finish on some Cooper Cobra 295 back tires. Oh yeah, we also did a bit of trimming to get those tires to fit back there. To top it off is the 4 color Custom Tribal Paint Scheme. Then put down 11 coats of Clear to give it that deep shine factor. Build Sheet is available on request. Thank you!

Representing Iso-HEET Gasline Antifreeze & Water Remover: Dennis’ 1973 Jeep Commando Pick up 4×4
    I am the 2nd owner. I have restored it body off. It has a 258cu stright 6. Bored is 30 over add a mild street cam, split coated headers, 4 barrel water coolered manifold. Every nut and bolt is SS, Almost every part under the hood is power coated. This has 18,000 org. miles on the body and 10,000 on the motor.

Representing Start Your Engines! Fuel System Revitalizer: Steve Belanger’s 1986 Yamaha V Max
    1428 big bore race motor, NOS, chain drive conversion, custom paint, stretched and lowered, custom wheels, 260 rear tire, Pro Cycle tach, lock up clutch, lots of chrome!

Representing 303® Products: Steve’s 1916 Ford Custom C Cab
    I built this car from scratch. It was built to look like the Paddy Wagon model from the 70′s. It is on a custom built chassis, It has a 350/350 Chevy combo. The body is custom built from Mahogany wood. It has air ride on the rear. Power window between the front and back.

Last edited by Marcel; 04-02-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: The trike opted out of the feature

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Great choices as always. Good luck to all. Not seeing the PADDY WAGON, where's the pic?
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Cool nice choice C.R.O.

i like the pont, wagon ,i had a Malibu 66 wagon with a 4-speed in it ,i loved driving it , nice array of cars and bike ,,good luck to all,, i did see the paddy wagon ,it is kool also,

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool

Another month of Cool Rides...
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information