Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - September 2010

Default Let's see some Hot rods, Rat Rods, etc

I'll start it off!
    Here's mine, '26 Ford Roadster, steel body, '32 frame, '56 Ford steering column. Runnin' a 1966 chevy 327 (360hp) backed by a muncie 4-speed tranny, and a chevy posi 12 bolt rear (65 chevelle) and 3.23 gears. Made my own custom shifter, since I wanted a tall shifter on a 4-speed, had to put the reverse pull handle on the floor so the shifter wouldn't hit the steering wheel when in reverse! Bought the car about 15 years ago, did a complete re-build, including body work, boxed the frame, re-wired, interior. Took about 2 years to re-build, been driving the wheels off it since! What a blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Some pics from a Hot Rod/Rat Rod show I took.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

i bought a 40 plymouth truck from a buddy. and parted it out. the guy i sold the cab too also bought my t-bucket frame. he put together in no time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload[1].jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload[1] (2).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	202  

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by old lady's mad View Post
    i bought a 40 plymouth truck from a buddy. and parted it out. the guy i sold the cab too also bought my t-bucket frame. he put together in no time.
    Did the old lady get mad?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

she wasnt happy about draging that one home. but couldnt beleive i made 600 bucks on it. and i still got the bed and fenders.

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards SYE! Featured Ride - November 2011

1950 Chevy truck named "The Fat Rat" ( I know its not a traditional rat rod any more but the name stayed after I repainted it)

It's John Deere Black with 2003 Mazda Laser Blue Mica flames that were pinstriped in orange last weekend. I'm running a GM Performance ZZ4 with 355 hp and 405 trq. 1978 Mustang II front suspension with GM rotors. 1978 Z28 Camaro rear end with 3:73 gears. TCI Streetfighter 350 is what shifts my gears either automatically or manually. I built it from junk yard parts. I have a 1985 Trans Am tilt steering. 1992 S-10 steering wheel, 2007 Ford Ranger 60/40 split bench with a fold down console. I have a chrome horn from a 1971 Honda CB750 and Harley Davidson tail lights. The list goes on so I'll stop here with the fat rat.

Before:

During:

After:

Behind The Fat Rat I tow a 1961 15 foot Northwest Travel Coach (travel Trailer)

This 1961 NORTHWEST Travel Coach came into the family when my wife's great grandparents got brand new in January of 1961. Christy's parents got it from Grandma Dot in the early 80's and used it for years for hunting/camping and even several trips to Mexico. This trailer has seen Canada, Mexico and both coasts of the USA. Christy & I got it in the late 90's. We have used it for camping & hunting. Then last year (2010), I got a hair brained idea to hook it up to our 1950 Chevy truck. I restored the trailer to somewhat match the truck. Since the truck is a fat fender'd rat rod it was named "The Fat Rat" and the trailer is now named "The Rat's Nest"

50 years and 4 generations later the old trailer is still getting used on the weekends.

1950 Chevy
    John Deere black with Laser Blue flames
    355 hp / 405 trq

Bill L.A.N.C.B.I.M.A.
    Letters After Name Could Be Important, Mine Aren't

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

My 1951 Packard 300 with a 327 Straight 8 and Ultramatic Transmission. Chopped top and 4 to 2 door conversion done by Damaged Goods Customs. Back window from a 1951 Packard 200, Spot light mirrors from a 1952 Packard Mayfair, and hood vents from a 1967 Chris Craft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1418.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	be4andaftr.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	234  

Achievements Stepping on the GasBuckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Straight8's&Aces View Post
    My 1951 Packard 300 with a 327 Straight 8 and Ultramatic Transmission. Chopped top and 4 to 2 door conversion done by Damaged Goods Customs. Back window from a 1951 Packard 200, Spot light mirrors from a 1952 Packard Mayfair, and hood vents from a 1967 Chris Craft.
    Great looking car Styraight8..!!! Thanks for posting!

Really nice pix, love them lead sleds.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information