Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Exclamation February is the month of the blowers and bug-catchers! Vote for February's RotM!

February is the month of the blowers and bug-catchers!

Vote for February's Ride of the Month!

Posted on February 1, 2013 by Marcel

Each month the Cool Rides Online team and sponsors select FIVE cool rides to feature. All featured rides will receive a care package with over $150 worth of prizes. But that’s just where the fun starts! The five featured rides then compete via online poll for the honor of being chosen as the Cool Rides Online Ride of the Month! The ride of the month will receive an additional marble plaque, an official Pit Crew Jersey and a chance to compete again for the Ride of the Year! For full promotion details Click HERE. For the entry form Click HERE. Now to meet this month’s featured rides as it appears to be the month of the exposed blower!

Representing STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer: Don’s 1960 Chevy Corvette Modified
    I picked this 1960 up in 1978. It was junk, but I wanted one badly. After a year I decided to go all the way. I disassembled it down to a bare frame and brought it back from there. Having lost the use of one arm I still did all body work, built, welded, modified, ran every wire one by one, and assembled every part of this car by myself. The only things I didn’t do were the final candy apple red (you gotta be good)and seat upholstery.

The blower motor is 355ci with 7-1 compression. The blower is from Dyer’s at 11% under driven. Tranny is a TH400 with B+M shift kit, trick converter, and B+M dual pattern race shifter. A Jim Meyer front end with power steering and power brakes makes this rod an easy driver. A ’64 Pontiac rear end with 3:42′s gives a better ride than the old 5:38′s. Fuel cell, wheelie bars, and a parachute finish out the rear.

Representing 104+ Octane Boost: Jason’s 1930 Ford Model A Prostreet
    This is a 1930 Ford Pro-street with a blown 406, Ford nine inch rear, 350 trans, flamed interior, sherwin williams custom emerald green paint with custom true flames.

Representing
    Iso-HEET Gasline Antifreeze & Water Remover: Daryl & Shirley’s 1974 Plymouth Barracuda
    1974 Plymouth Barracuda with a 505 CI Stroker Big Block. 8-71 BDS blower, dual 750 cfm mighty demon blower carbs. Lunati solid lift roller cam kit. Mancini racing the torqueflite 727 to handle its AV gas fed 1085 HP.
    The car is ppg plum crazy purple with a black AAR fiberglass hood. IT has Boyd Cottington custom made billet wheels.

Representing Start Your Engines! Fuel System Revitalizer: Thomas’ 1979 Int’l 582 Cub Cadet
    Saw your displays at Barrett-Jackson Auction with the monster mower and world’s fastest lawnmwower and decided to check out Cool Rides Online and enter my Cub Cadet 351W with:
    Canfield heads
    Roller rockers
    Roller cam
    MSD box
    MSD billit distributor
    750 Holley
    500 HP!!!

Representing 303 Products: Steve’s 1973 Chevy RS Camaro
    I found this car sitting in a drive way. I bought the car with the intention of doing something different to it. It had some rust repair in rear of car but other than that, the car was solid.
    All glass and chrome are still orignal. Shaved all sidemarker lights door handels and locks. The car was painted in a house garage, people can’t belive it.

Motor is a 468 big block with a turbo tci 350, Chevy rear with 3.42 gear. Car gets alot of looks… but fun to drive!!
    Last edited by Marcel; 02-20-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Now we are cookin! But how do you pick one. They are all hot.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Thumbs up Great Selection!

Gonna be hard to pick one of these beauties, but I'd bet that the mosquitoes are departing the immediate area in desperation.....................Ken
    [COLOR="#B22222"] "I have never seen a hearse towing a U-Haul"[/COLOR]

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool

Yup another hard month.

Good Luck Everyone.
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Default Gotta go G2BB!!

2nd Gen Camaro big block, makes my choice easy!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Default Cool plymouth barracuda album

Noticed that Daryl added more pictures

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/al...p?albumid=1021

Impressive car!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Saucier, MS...just north of Gulfport. Love this area and love being a "Redneck".
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires
    Awards STA-BIL Featured Ride - February 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - February 2012

Beautiful Vette...

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfingers View Post
    Beautiful Vette...
    Agreed, they all look and sound like great cars. I especially like the ones that take the time to upload albums on this site and participate on the forum

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Question could you make it any harder?

boy it gets tougher every month to choose ,i would love to here that cub cadet run , and so many great cars to choose from ,i have been building hot rods for over forty five years and know firsthand what goes into building these cars and bikes , it"s nice to see so many people get recognized for there efforts,, thanks for the great site to come to and check out all the <<COOLRIDESONLINE >>

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool

Get your votes in folks, only 8 more days...

Good Luck to all the contestents...
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information