Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Default Missing Man Returns - Brad's 67 Merk

Sorry fellers... I know I dropped off the face of the earth for a bit. Been busy with work, lotsa job-related travel and when I am home and have the time I have been working on my car as time and $$ allow - always issues for all of us, I know

I wanted to update you - first no, I still don't have a hood on the car - its been sitting in the garage waiting for attention, but there have been plenty of other things to work on.

Put in a new radiator after the old on blew...took the opportunity to put in underdrive pulles, then my shiney under-driven alternator (with 1900 miles on it) went bad - so as you see the pics you will see one very out out of place alternator

Then I get her running and the ignition switch goes bad...so I go to change that and the key cylinder was installed upside down - backordered, finally got that, tore it out fixed it...

Then I had a pesky problem with burning super rich, went through 2 carbs and ultimatley found it to be a wiring problem (poor spark).

Then I got the time to order and install the 9" trac-loc rear.... it's finally in. New front seats and extra material are on the way. After thats in THEEEEN I'll work on the hood

The hood is an issue because I either need to run a very low profile air cleaner or cut the hood for a cowl induction-type scoop to get the motor to fit under there...hate to chop the hood up and and wiating on a very low profile air cleaner before I go the the 'chop it' extreme.

For those that are unfamiliar with the car it's a 67 Mercury Comet, originally a 6cyl 200 car with a 3 speed colum shift and 7.25" rear. Now it's got a 302, stroked to 331 (Coast High Perf 331), Edelbrock roller cam, AFR heads, Performer rpm intake, Thunder 650 carb, T5 trans and 4.11 geared trac-loc 9". Hasn't been on a dyno yet but desktop dyno5 gives pretty good numbers - should be over 400 at the rear wheels

A few pics to catch up. I hope this finds you all doing well.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by B_hix; 01-28-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Good to see on here again amigo Sounds like you've been keeping very busy!

Love all of the decals under the hood

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Hall of Fame Member Green Grabber's Avatar
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Great looking Comet, welcome back!
    Don't touch the trim!
    Green Grabber,2010 Hot Wheels K-Mart Street Beasts Maverick, 408 Stroker, Scat crank, Keith Black (icon) Forged Pistons, icon Forged I beam rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Comp Cams XE282HR cam, Crane Energizer Rockers, 2.02 Intake 1.60 Exhaust, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Quick Fuel 750 DP, TREMEC TKO 5 speed, Steeda shifter, 4:11 Trac Lok

Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Good to see on here again amigo Sounds like you've been keeping very busy!

Love all of the decals under the hood
    Thanks Marcel - 200 stickers laying around and all that space - had to do it =D
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

WELCOME BACK...MR COTTER!
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    WELCOME BACK...MR COTTER!
    Saaaaaaalute! (He-haw reference to go with your 'Welcome Back Cotter'

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by B_hix View Post
    Saaaaaaalute! (He-haw reference to go with your 'Welcome Back Cotter'
    Call BR 549 for one of Juniors used cars! Don't ask me how I remember that. Can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

.how'd we end up here...........

I can't resist.....

Blog Entries

OMG....Priceless, and I do want the car JR! Was hoping the # was right after typin off what poped into my head.

Blog Entries

OK...This can get waaay outta hand. GRAMPA....whats for dinner? Yum YUM

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information