Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Member of the Week

Question It"s 2013? So what are you planing to do to your rides during the off? Winter season

WELL ITS 2013 AND A NEW YEAR ,,JUST WONDERING WHATS THE PLAN FOR YOUR RIDE DURING THE OFF SEASON, I AM GOOD WITH MY 23 ITS ALL DONE AND ONLY TOP IS GETTING SOME WORK ON IT FOR A SHOW IN MARCH ,,BUT THE 40 PLYMOUTH IS APART ,UPGRADING THE HEADLIGHTS TO NICE TRI-BAR WITH BLUE DOTS AND TURN SIGNALS IN THEM ,,AND LOOKING FOR A NICE SET OF CHROME HEADLIGHT DOORS ,,THEN NEW GAS TANK ,AND ELECTRIC WIPER CONVERSION AND GOING TO PUT A STOCK FUEL PUMP IN AND GET RID OF THE NOISY ELE ,ONE ,THEN A NEW SET OF CHROME VALVE COVERS AND DRESS UP THE ENGINE BAY, ALREADY UPGRADED THE RADIATOR TO A NICE ALUMINUM ONE TRIPLE CORE , THEY REALLY DONT MAKE A RADIATOR FOR THE FORTY BUT AFTER SOME ON LINE LOOKING AND MEASUREMENTS I FOUND A 32 FORD HI-BOY DID THE TRICK, , JUST SOME THINGS TO MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE SHOW WORTHY AND FUN FOR THE WIFE TO DRIVE,,

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Justa finishing my upholstery on the GTO drivers seat. Got a complete front/rear kit for Christmas. Some assembly required...THANKZ SANTA.

As you can see I ended up with an odd pucker in the seatback. Have had this apart N back together a couple times. Nothing seems to help. Hats off to those that do this full time. I'm happy with my 1st attempt...the pucker bothers me. I'm still way better off than what I started with!
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleBurning TiresStepping on the GasChecking the GaugesAt the Starting Line

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6 View Post
    Justa finishing my upholstery on the GTO drivers seat. Got a complete front/rear kit for Christmas. Some assembly required...THANKZ SANTA.

As you can see I ended up with an odd pucker in the seatback. Have had this apart N back together a couple times. Nothing seems to help. Hats off to those that do this full time. I'm happy with my 1st attempt...the pucker bothers me. I'm still way better off than what I started with!
    what you need to do is steam it,, thats what the uphostery shops do ,,get a small steamer to steam it and it will help it ,,

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checking the GaugesAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO Blog Contributor

I just put new headlights and taillights on my car!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by 23t-bucket View Post
    what you need to do is steam it,, thats what the uphostery shops do ,,get a small steamer to steam it and it will help it ,,
    My wife has a good one and was part of my project from the start. Didn't help at all on the pucker. Did smooth out top corners nicely.

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Hey Justa - that seat was looking a little rough - great job fixing it up

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries

that will work its way in i think ,,we get most of the wrinkles out with a good steaming ,, we do have a big commercial one ,,we put allot of leather packages in brand new cars and they come as kits, from some of our suppliers i think it looks great and you did a great job,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 23t-bucket View Post
    that will work its way in i think ,,we get most of the wrinkles out with a good steaming ,, we do have a big commercial one ,,we put allot of leather packages in brand new cars and they come as kits, from some of our suppliers i think it looks great and you did a great job,
    The steamer worked great on corners and streaching that last inch. Hit the pucker many times trying to smooth out with my hands and even put a weight on it after steaming. It seems to be in between hogrings. I'm gonna try to poke a hole from the back side and see if I can get to the hold down wire. Thinkin if I can fish a piece of safety wire around it and back to the frame. I could adjust tension needed as I twist the safety wire?? Your probably crackin up. JUSTA rookie upholster.

Blog Entries

worst case serinero send a picture to the manufacturer and show them it and pick there brain see if they send you a replacement ,,we have to do that once in awhile,, they must have a website and a help line

Blog Entries

well wired up new tri bar halogen headlights into the 40 Plymouth today, they are nice and bright, and they have turn signals built into the lower section that i wanted to help be seen from the front the small lights at the top of the headlight doors weren't very visible ,so they work nice and will use them as daytime running lights to,, looking for new headlight doors in chrome ,the painted ones on it are not in good shape and have been repaired with fiberglass, so if anybody has a set out there i am looking ,reproductions or a solid pair to re chrome here is a before and after picture they really change the look ,,and makes the turn signals much more visible
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0699.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	11150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0698.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	11151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0653.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	11147  

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information