Cool Rides Online®
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Question With the most recalls of them all, is Ford the least reliable brand?

With the most recalls of them all, is Ford the least reliable brand?

Posted on December 17, 2012 by PeteRizzo

Chevy fans are hardly polite when it comes to pinpointing the flaws of Fords, especially when it comes to the fight between Mustang and Camaro. In the same respect, members of "Ford families" are raised not to be caught dead in a Silverado, as no other truck but the F150 is "Built Ford Tough."

One argument many die-hard Chevrolet fanatics will make is that Ford has actually recalled more cars than any other company in American automotive history. Now it's true that the Blue Oval brand has actually sold more cars than any other specific nameplate stateside. However, the sales figures are disproportionate to the number of cars that Ford has asked buyers to bring back into the dealer compared to other carmakers.

The largest recall Ford ever made involved every car manufactured by the company between... Read Full Story Here

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

I give props to Ford for actually issuing Recalls when there's a real issue. Seems GM and Chrysler alike, like to just have you pay for the repairs instead of issuing Recalls on issues that should be a Recall. Like they care a lot more about their bottom line than actually producing a quality product, with quality components, that will continue to function properly at least as long as the payments do.

I not going to resent, or badmouth, a company that tries it's best to do it right, even if that means they have to call your auto back to do so. I find that option much better than hearing "Yeah, seems we have a lot of this problem on these, but nope, no recall. The parts counter is over there->".

If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Orange County, CA; Flagstaff, AZ (during school).
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

I don't follow the logic behind recalls = reliability. It just means that the Ford quality control isn't doing its job right.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    I find that option much better than hearing "Yeah, seems we have a lot of this problem on these, but nope, no recall. The parts counter is over there->".

I din't think about it that way but you're right on with that - free recalls are better than repair bills. HOWEVER...... recalls because things blew up and killed people..... different story

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information