Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Newbie

Rookie
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default Newbie

Aloha e Coolridesonline.com, My name is Jay. I am from the big island of Hawaii. I was into cars and mechanical things since I was a kid. Ported and Polished my mini-bike engine. Made my own manifold to use a 90 Honda carb. Welded my own header. My next project was at 15 yrs. old when I built me a giant killer in a 1959 Austin-Healy 100-6 Roadster. I shoehorned a 283 Chevy in with a borg-warner 4 spd. Cut and welded the footboxes so it fit. built my own headers. I then bought a 1968 Chevy II Nova. Raced that with a 283 then a 307. Again it was 4 spd. 4.88 8 3/4 Dodge Dart rear end. This car went low 13 seconds at 108 spinning the old slicks. Should of ran mid 12s with new tires. I inherited my dad's 85 Monte Carlo Cop Car. It has the original 305, 2004R. 10 Bolt Rr. We have been playing with a small block powered 1989 Art Morrison R.E.D. The fastest that I went in it is a 8.50 @ 152 m.p.h. roller cam 4brl 4.88 Ford Rear Gear on Racing Gas. 9.40-9.99 on a stock chevy 350 w/a hot cam ported camel back heads and pump gas. You can see our facebook fan page www.facebook.com/pages/MANA-RACING/349603653152 We also have a page at
    www.MANARACING@groups.live.com
    Last edited by 808lavaboy; 04-15-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: url edit

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information