Cool Rides Online®
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Post It may not get you to the moon, but Neil Armstrongs 67 Vette could surely move

It may not get you to the moon, but Neil Armstrongs 67 Vette could surely move

Posted on October 16, 2012 by PeteRizzo

Neil Armstrong is already considered to be one of coolest American heroes theres ever been. He was, after all, the first person to land on the moon, meaning any other intriguing aspects of his personality were simply icing on the cake.

Not only was this man brave enough to visit different worlds, but he also had impeccable taste in cars. The Apollo 11 spacecraft wasnt his only mode of transport, as his 1967 Corvette, purchased not long after Armstrongs return to Earth, has resurfaced and is about to be historically preserved but an expert Corvette collector.

The cars original 427 cubic inch big-block V8 may not have gotten Armstrong to the moon and back, but it was by far one of the largest, and fastest, motors sold in America, and the biggest you could get in a Vette at the time. This means that even if this monster wasnt owned by arguably the most famous astronaut of all time, it would still call for a hefty price-tag.
    However, when this car turned up on eBay last May, no bids met the minimum of $250,000 posted by the owner, only the second one since the car rolled off the assembly line, so it was taken off the market.

Now, Eric Gill, who put the car up for auction initially, is going to give the car what he calls a reactive preservation according to a Motor Authority report. Instead of buying aftermarket parts from reproduction dealers, Gill is going to use fenders produced by GM at the Corvette factory in Bowling Green Kentucky.

The car, which hasnt been driven in 31 years, is surely more valuable today than it was back in May following Armstrongs death back in August. Would you be willing to make a bid on the remodeled C2? Leave your comments below:

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Awesome ride, but I don't have OUTTA THIS WORLD $$$$.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

I'm not much for symbolic items. I'd rather get something that I won't be afraid to put some miles and add a few new 'dings' to. But I do understand why someone might want to buy it

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

I think it went through Mecum Actions when they had there last action about a month ago, I may be wrong, but I remember a Space Guys Car rolling through Mecum...
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information