Cool Rides Online®
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default End of boating season

As previous post never made it to the new site. I put my boat away 3yrs ago with a full 36 gallons of gas and of course STA-BIL. Was a LIL worried about all that gas going bad so finally splashed the boat a couple weeks ago to run it out. After about 4 hrs N a lil less than 1/2 tank gone. A jet skier forced me off line in into the rock hazzard, bustin my prop all to H..... Sta-bil worked perfect and boat was running great. Found a new prop N installed yesterday. Now its in the 30's here this AM BRRRRR. But the last time in the 7 day forcast its expected to hit 70. So headin back to the lake to finish runnin out the old gas. QUESTION.....Anybody have a crystal ball???? Do I refill the tank @ 4.00gal here or wait for spring N hope gas prices drop? Asked my deckhand, N he JUSTA scratched his ear?

Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Super Moderator
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Justa6 -- I work for Gold Eagle, and am the brand manager on STA-BIL(R), so I thought I would reply to your question -- Unfortunately, to avoid potential issues, you should pull that wallet out, and refill the tank to at least 95% full prior to you putting it away for the season, along with STA-BIL. Keeping the tank almost full during storage reduces the risk of air/moisture letting into your tank which can cause rust/corrosion issues. However, to help you save a little $$, we can help out by sending you a free full bottle of Marine Formula STA-BIL to use, for being a great member and contributor to this site! Marcel will contact you and get this sent to you.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by jrobertson View Post
    Justa6 -- I work for Gold Eagle, and am the brand manager on STA-BIL(R), so I thought I would reply to your question -- Unfortunately, to avoid potential issues, you should pull that wallet out, and refill the tank to at least 95% full prior to you putting it away for the season, along with STA-BIL. Keeping the tank almost full during storage reduces the risk of air/moisture letting into your tank which can cause rust/corrosion issues. However, to help you save a little $$, we can help out by sending you a free full bottle of Marine Formula STA-BIL to use, for being a great member and contributor to this site! Marcel will contact you and get this sent to you.
    I have always stored my showcars, bikes, boats and snowmobiles full and with Sta-bil of course. I'm aware that Sta-bil should be good for 2 yrs and had no prob with the fuel. Justa thinkin 35 gal is alot of gas to let go bad and what would you do with that much bad gas? The real giggle/smile question was predicting the fuel prices. And to remind our membership on Coolrides to STA-BIL up when putting our toys away. Thankz for the Marine Sta-bil, of course it will be used.

Achievements Burning TiresAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Featured Ride - September 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - September 2012CRO Member of the Week

Cool

When I was working on boats before I remember there was something we could hook up to a hose so we could run the motor at the shop.

I would buy that setup and run it in your driveway, why drop it in the water when you can do that.

Seeing that you ran a lot of the fuel out I would just drop some new fuel in it along with the Sta-Bil and you should be OK to next year.
    BCA # 45934 / Central New England Chapter / BCA
    Central New England Chapter / BCA - Membership Coordinator / Recording Secretary
    BPG # 2313 / Northeast GS/GN Club / Buick GS Club of America # 2943

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC77 View Post
    When I was working on boats before I remember there was something we could hook up to a hose so we could run the motor at the shop.

I would buy that setup and run it in your driveway, why drop it in the water when you can do that.

Seeing that you ran a lot of the fuel out I would just drop some new fuel in it along with the Sta-Bil and you should be OK to next year.
    I installed the new prop and ran it over to the lake. Finished off the rest of the tank. (also proped another rock with the brand new prop @ the dock before we even headed out) Lake levels are all down almost 2 ft here. I do have the setup to run in the driveway for tuneups and 1st start of the year ect. Couldn't have a boat without that setup.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information