Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Default Finally put up a You Tube Video of my car

weird - when I post the URL it wont work for some reason...

You can post this in your browser and get there I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c758E...ature=youtu.be

Title says it all - have a look
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Can I have your autograph?? Good show. Dream Cruise Material next year?
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

lol ^^ where is the dream cruise at? Might need a 2nd mortgage to buy the gas to get there! I had a slight hope that with the roller cam this thing would be decent on gas - NOPE - not at all lol Everytime I see a Prius I think "YAY - more for me!"
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Sweet! You can also post it directly by using the video icon (looks like a strip of film)

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Nice video. One thing stands out to me though, why the brown Accel cap? A red MSD cap is made for your compartment and would fit in perfect IMO. Sounds mean!! I hear ya on the Super 40's, but I've been running them on every V8 I've had since my first. I like that they never get raspy, even at high rpm. I also like that they're just as loud inside.

Cragars & BFG T/A's FTW!
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 08-25-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards STA-BIL Featured Ride - August 2012CRO Member of the Week

sounds awesome buddy im loveing it
    OLD MOPARS NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    Nice video. One thing stands out to me though, why the brown Accel cap? A red MSD cap is made for your compartment and would fit in perfect IMO.
    Your right, your right...that brown cap has been eating on me since the day I dropped the dist in there. There is a black replacement cap for ~25.00 that I'll get sooner or later. I busted budget on this motor/trans swap - BAD -like by 115% over what I had planned and I had to save a buck here and there to try to minimize the damage lol.

The Accell breakerless billet was cheaper than the MSD by quite a bit and years ago I had one in my old Fairlane and it was trouble free, so I went with a cheaper yet known reliable product. To trim a few bucks, I wanted to put in underdrive pullies and ended up powercoating stockers, and instead of a 850.00 set of Doug's ceramic headers I wrapped my full length's that I already had - 150 for wrap and fastners were more palatable at the time

After I have secured a 9-inch rear and the wallet has cooled off I plan to swap the dist and coil, and I already have the MSD box. The wife wants a old Mustang one day so the accell will be relegated to her project

Thanks for the compliments guys - still haven't launched this thing as I'm babying that rear, but from a rolling start of about 15mph at the top of a on ramp I hit the interstate at 90 and climbing fast so looks like she'll run! Still working to solve some linkage issues for the throttle arm to the carb - only getting about 80% pedal right now. Probably going to take a new gas pedal to get that fixed.

Enjoy your weekend cool rides!

Hey here's a question for my cool rides friends. The next thing I am doing is dropping the gas tank, reconditioning and painting it, replacing the sending unit and cleaning up the bottom of the car around the tank. I actually have a 14-gallon polished aluminum cell in the garage for this car, but see budget woes as stated on why it isn;t going in yet - need a lot of pricey AN fittings and stuff... Will get to that one day. In the mean time -

I have three options on the gas tanks color. I have Eastwoods 'silver treatment' paint, I could go a matching red like what you saw in the engine compartment or black (gloss or flat) - what do you fellers think?

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

1) ^^ IMO, a clean muscle car looks great/sanitary with a silver tank. But, if not done with the right paint, it could very easily look to be "Kentucky chromed". Flat black with red straps would also look great. A don't think a red tank would look right.

2) When I built.installed my motor, I had a a red MSD cap. Come time for the break in, I had a hard time getting it to idle. Turns out that I "mocked" the cap up when I got it, and forgot to install the spring/rubber bushing/contact. After melting parts of the MSD cap, I had to swap in the extra cap that I had (Accel). Ran it that way for two years. I just swapped out the cap for an MSD again, makes me wish I did it a long time ago, lol.

3) A wise man (my Dad) alway told me "When building a car/motor, take you highest estimate, then times that number by 3. That will tell you what you're really going to spend". Like usual, I've found his advise to be solid as a rock.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by B_hix View Post
    lol ^^ where is the dream cruise at? Might need a 2nd mortgage to buy the gas to get there! I had a slight hope that with the roller cam this thing would be decent on gas - NOPE - not at all lol Everytime I see a Prius I think "YAY - more for me!"
    Detroit to Pontiac Michigan. 3rd weekend in Aug.
    Name:  Gto 12 008.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  98.7 KB
    Last edited by Justa6; 08-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information