Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Default 67 Mercury Comet Build - Phase 1 Complete - Pics

Well, here she is. Installed a balanced/blueprinted CHP 331 Stroker, AFR heads, roller cam; Race built T-5/5-speed trans. While the engine and trans were out I cleaned/treated/sprayed the engine compartment. front suspension, bottom of the car and the driveshaft.

Got about 200 miles on her - every thing is mechanically sound - running good, just a couple minor bugs along the way, quickly dispatched.

Phase 2 involves taking out the fuel tank, treating it, and replacing the sending unit. Phase III will likely be installation of a 9-inch rear - still hunting the right deal.

I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

WOW factor is over the top. Nice job bro.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards STA-BIL Featured Ride - August 2012CRO Member of the Week

looks great nice work B_HIX
    OLD MOPARS NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER

Achievements Stepping on the GasAt the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - December 2011CRO Featured Ride - June 2012CRO Ride of the Month Winner - June 2012

Thanks fellers - you know how it goes - been a lot of fun with plenty of aggravation, frsutration, sweat and some blood mixed in for good measure. Timing wasn't the best, doing this on a asphalt driveway during the hottest part of the year, but results are sure worth it!

A couple other pictures -

Before

After

Brad
    I may not do it all right, but I'll do it myself the best I can - THATS HOT RODDING!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Nice job & great pics!! IMO, the black compartment looks better than the red. I bet that beast screams.

Is the underside of the hood staying red or is it going black too?
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    Nice job & great pics!! IMO, the black compartment looks better than the red. I bet that beast screams.
    Is the underside of the hood staying red or is it going black too?
    Thanks - I'm partial to the pic with the dumpsters in the background, lol... I just took some quickies to post here and didn't think about that when I took 'em. I was parked next to a caboose but there were too many shadows on the other side, so the dumpsters made the cut

On the hood - I haven't figured that out just yet, lol. The hood has live scoops, so I'll have to modify the underside for airflow and there will likely be a heat shield in the recesses of it. Think the cross braces may be red, with the topof the hood itself in black/red....gah - I dunno yet :D

What do you think - suggestion department is open!

No idea how hard it runs, babying it along with the first oil/trans fluid changes due this weekend. I have slowly added pedal and it pulls pretty hard and feels full of promise. I can't launch the thing till I get a bigger rear end in there, the stocker unit is too small/old to be trusted. AFR has a very similar build on their website and they show a dyno of 456 hp at 9.6:1 compression, I'm at 10.35:1 but I am running a 600 cfm carb vs their 750. I look forward to a good dyno tune after I get a rear swapped in!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information