Cool Rides Online®
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default New (to me) car coming home tomorrow

One I've been looking for for over a decade. Needs a little TLC, but .

Pics coming soon.....

(Hint: Check the daily pic thread (yesterday) for an interior shot of this make/model)
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 06-01-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

My guess is he found a shoebox??
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Not a shoebox.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Daytona ?......... what happened to the Fiero?

Blog Entries
    Achievements Burning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the GasAt the Starting LineChecking the Gauges
    Awards STA-BIL Featured Ride - August 2012CRO Member of the Week

looks like a dodge daytona turbo nice cars i've had some of them they were my kind of toy to very fun cars. I have a very nice set of doors with no rust and the stock turbo air box thats all i got left
    OLD MOPARS NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER

Yes. 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z with a 5 speed. :smile:

I had the same car, but red exterior and automatic from '95-'99. I've owned two '88 Z's since then, but they both had flip up headlights and gray leather, just not the same. I've been searching for a non ragged out '86 with the black cloth interior for over ten years. John, that's the bad part. The guy who has this one had "trades considered" in the CL add. I called and asked what he was looking for in a trade. His words "Well, I really like this Daytona, but I've always had a soft spot for Fieros and I would like to find an '88 GT 5 speed". I was quite surprised (so was he when I told him that I have one), and since my wife simply does not like the Fiero (never even sat in it), and since my two boys always want to fight over who gets to go with me when I drive it, I bit the bullet and sent him pics. He was blown away and sold on the heads up trade. I'm sad to see the Pontiac Go Cart GT go for sure, but really, do I need 8 cars?
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 06-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.

The itch I've been trying for soooo long to scratch...

My baby in '99, right before I traded it heads up for an '85 Jimmy on 44's. I sold the Jimmy within a week for $5500, twice what the Daytona was worth at the time. I went back to offer the kid $3000 for the Daytona back only to find it in his driveway with the front end crumpled up into the front seat. He rear-ended a parked garbage truck at 45+mph the night he got it. He survived with no major injuries, but I stll get sick to my stomach when I think of seeing it that day.

The two '88's...(Yes, two different cars. One C/S w/t-tops, one Z w/sunroof)

Last edited by Gtdhw; 06-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.

"The Beast" that I traded it for...

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information