Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Exclamation Cool Rides Online website updates, What are they and what do they mean?

Hello friends,

As many of you have noticed, the entire Cool Rides Online® website has been going through a complete overhaul. This is to improve the user experience and increase membership and participation.

We launched the Cool Rides Online Blog in February which has been going great! We now have new stories posted daily and we will continue to provide the news and entertainment that you enjoy! I personally love the member of the week stories by Augie and the nostalgia pieces written by Pete featuring iconic cars of yesteryear!

Last week we updated our forum and Showroom gallery to bring it up to speed with today’s technology. This new software brings with it the following benefits:

1. Videos are now easier to post and share
    2. Groups and Clubs are now easier to create and manage
    3. The forum now shows members currently online and the newest members to join
    4. The New Showroom now has a search feature and is easier to navigate, rate and comment on
    5. We also now have a Facebook Connect button that allows anyone with a Facebook account to post on our forum (this should really increase participation since we have almost 30,000 Facebook followers)!

Unfortunately when we made the switch, we ran into some technical difficulties and the last two months of forum activity were not transferred over. We understand that many of you posted pictures and stories that you want to keep on the site, so for the rest of May, we will keep the old forum hosted on a separate server so you can retrieve your pictures and stories and you can also copy/paste them into the new forum. The old forum will stay “live” until May 31st at http://forumsv3.coolridesonline.net/

Because the new Showroom has different categories and options, we’ve decided to re-start the Showroom fresh! So everyone is invited to post the VERY BEST pictures of your cars and tell us why your car should be chosen as a featured car. Everyone is eligible to enter and get featured, even if you were already featured in the past!

Finally, last week our sponsor Start Your Engines!® Brand ran a contest looking for the best restoration/rebuild stories and Before & After pictures. Because the software upgrade interrupted the contest, we are extending the deadline for another week! So you now have until May 4th to get your pictures and stories posted! Entries that were received on the old forum will still be considered for the cash and product prizes.

Old Restoration Contest Thread: http://forumsv3.coolridesonline.net/...ead.php?t=2199
    New Restoration Contest Thread: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/showthread.php?1995

On behalf of Gold Eagle Co. and the Cool Rides Online® community, I’d like to thank you for joining us on the website and for sharing your pictures and stories with us! We apologize for any inconvenience that our most recent software change has caused and we guarantee that we will work very hard to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

Marcel Manzano
    www.CoolRidesOnline.net

IMPORTANT LINKS:
    New Showroom Gallery: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/photopost/
    New Forum: http://forums.coolridesonline.net
    Old Forum: http://forumsv3.coolridesonline.net

Name:  technology1-1ad775h-300x241.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  16.7 KB

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Looks good so far.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Not so good for me, slow to respond. Maybe it's me, but I own three different computers and they're all slow on this new site.

Bensalem, Bucks County, PA (the right coast)
    Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Little hitch in the forum page loading after sign in but other than that, the site looks/feels as good as ever!
    Jack

Bensalem, Bucks County, PA (the right coast)
    Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Couldn't upload pictures a little while ago ...will try again tomorrow.
    Jack

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Thought I would add my cars into the Showroom as its empty. Started with the GTO N got this..........
    /home/vhosts/forums.coolridesonline.net/www/photopost/uploads/191: Error creating directory (check permissions).

Please notify the System Administrator

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback, I imagine that there will be some "growing pains" as we get used to the new layout and features and we'll definitely run across a few bugs that need fixing along the way.

To keep the issues consolidated and easier for us to find, please post any troubles you find with the new software here: http://forums.coolridesonline.net/sh...ssue-Reporting

John, we're actually going to be moving to a new host server soon that specializes in hosting large communities which should improve the speed and a lot of the (permission) isues, but please report any troubles you find on that thread anyway so we can test it in the new hosting server as well.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Question. Nothing in showroom, but my albums are still on my garage are they safe? Already transfered?

Blog Entries

The albums will still be there if they were created before March.

Regarding the issue of not having "permission" to upload photos, that is a site-wide issue that IT is currently working to resolve. Thanks again for your patience

Blog Entries

I think the Albums posting issue is resolved. Need folks to update their albums and let me know if it's working for them please:

http://forums.coolridesonline.net/album.php

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information