Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    General Administrator Cool Rides Online's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Exclamation A look ahead at what's coming to Cool Rides Online in 2012

2012 Promises to Be A Great Year For Our Cool Rides Online Community!

With 2011 coming to a close, let’s take a look back at the past year and look forward to what’s on the horizon for 2012.

2011 has been a great year for the Cool Rides Online® website and community! We attended and sponsored some great events such as the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale, the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour, the Woodward Dream Cruise and the Syracuse Nationals. We also met many great people along the way! We had our Facebook page grow to over 14,000 members and also saw the launch of our new website, www.CoolRidesOnline.net! The website has quickly grown to over 1,000 registered forum members!

We look to continue that growth in 2012 and have some very exciting improvements for the Cool Rides Online website and community! The following are just a few of the plans we have coming up in the first half of 2012:

New Sponsor: Start Your Engines!® Fuel System Revitalizer will join STA-BIL®, 104+® and Iso-HEET® as a full-time Cool Rides Online sponsor starting January 1, 2012. Start Your Engines! will focus on featuring “small” engines such as cool and custom ATVs, Dune Buggies, Go-Karts, Jr Dragsters, Snowmobiles, Lawn Racers and other “oddball” rides. So if you know someone who has a cool “little” ride to show off, send them our way!

2011 Ride of the Year:
    This year’s Ride of the Year poll will be held between January 16th and February 17th. Each Ride of the Month winner from 2011 will take part in this online poll with the TOP THREE vote getters each receiving a cash prize. The winner will also receive a high quality crystal plaque commemorating their 2011 Ride of the Year! We will provide more details about the contestants and prizes in a future announcement.

Website Improvements:
    We’re also going to be making significant upgrades to the Cool Rides Online website starting with an updated forum design that is much more user-friendly! We’ll also be redesigning the Showroom Galleries and will completely revamp the News & Blogs section of the website with an added focus on providing fresh daily content. We even have a cool “surprise” lined up for all of our smart-phone owners!

And that’s only part of it! We have many more great plans for 2012 and beyond along with more shows to attend, more racer sponsorships to award and new contests to announce. Stay tuned for future announcements.

We want to hear from YOU!
    Please reply on this thread and let us know what else you would like to see on this site, what prizes you would be interested in winning and what sort of news and stories you would like us to report and write about.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chevelle_Woodward.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRO_ROY.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great_People.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	549  

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

I love the idea of "Start Your Engines"! I will be getting involved in Jr. Dragsters next year ('13) and will be doing tons of research on them this summer. Sounds like this will be the place to be to get a lot of answers for all the questions I will have. Works out good since this is where I spend the majority of my online time anyway.

I'm also looking forward to the Ride of the Year! While I figure that I don't stand a chance with a Vega against such stiff competition, I'm always up for a challenge and think it will be a great/interesting contest!

As far as site content goes, I think we are on the right track with the content we have, we just need MOAR of it!

And while I can't speak for all the members, I think the majority here will agree that the goes to Coolridesonline.

ETA: We are actually over 2000 members.
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 12-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Rookie
    Achievements Kicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Default 2012!

So looking forward to 2012!

Rookie Member
    Awards CRO Featured Ride - February 2011

Default Feedback...

Hi Marcel,

First off, congratulations on a great forum/website idea and a new sponsor.

I wore my team shirt to work one day and one of the kids on my bus complimented me on it. Thanks for that.

I never forgot that you emailed me and said I should upload/enter a picture of my Challenger, but after trying a couple times today, I get errors. One told me I didn't have permission to post in My Garage, and the other one said something about "if you really did upload a photo" or something like that. It's been awhile since I've been to the site and tried modifying anything, so hopefully it's just a glitch for today, and not a Mac thing.

I think your prizes were awesome and I can't think of anything else I could ask for.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Leeeeen View Post
    Hi Marcel,

First off, congratulations on a great forum/website idea and a new sponsor.

I wore my team shirt to work one day and one of the kids on my bus complimented me on it. Thanks for that.

I never forgot that you emailed me and said I should upload/enter a picture of my Challenger, but after trying a couple times today, I get errors. One told me I didn't have permission to post in My Garage, and the other one said something about "if you really did upload a photo" or something like that. It's been awhile since I've been to the site and tried modifying anything, so hopefully it's just a glitch for today, and not a Mac thing.

I think your prizes were awesome and I can't think of anything else I could ask for.
    Thanks for that! As far as uploading the pictures, it's most likely due to the pictures being too large. I'll see if I can get a tutorial up on how to resize pictures easily as it seems to be one of the most common problems people are having.

Thanks again and hope to see you around the site more often!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Bensalem, Bucks County, PA (the right coast)
    Achievements At the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

First and foremost, I want to take a moment to wish you, Marcel and everyone involved with the Gold Eagle program a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you have in store for 2012.

I'm a firm believer in "less is more". I really enjoy the site and your contests the way it's set up now. It's like saying, "okay... I have this cool car....I can do a bajillion bolt-on go fast parts but then when does it stop?" You know what I mean? We're "car guys and gals" here and we share what we know so others can continue making this the greatest hobbie on the planet! "Mr. Scott ..... I need more POWER!" <grin>
    Jack

Default Look ahead to 2012

Should be a great year! I'm finishing up a new engine for the Chevelle. Hope to be in the low 10's Hi 9's street driven. Gold Eagle rocks! Thanks for all the great products.

Distinguished Member 1983elcamaro's Avatar
    Achievements Buckling UpAt the Starting LineKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Hi Marcel - I enjoy the site but have two problems with using it more: (1) I. Can never log onto the Rise of the Month contest from my IPhone which gives an error message saying "too many redirects," and (2) I can hardly ever find the thread for past featured members of the week. Hope you can fix these and make access easier. Keep up the great work!

looking forward to 2012 keep up the great work...

Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Default Looking forward to 2012

I will be looking forward to 2012 and hope to get more involved with this site.

I'm looking foward to the new look and more user friendly site.

I hope to get to know more of you better in the coming year.

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information