Cool Rides Online®
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veterans day.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Default Veterans day.

A big thank you goes out to all the veterans today.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Thumbs up You're welcome

You're welcome!!!

Speaking of Veteran's Day - do any of you ever take advantage of the Veteran's Day specials? I never have before but I think I will today.

Going to TGI Friday's since they're having a BOGO for veterans.
    My wife was also going to Home Depot yesterday to get some supplies but told her to wait until today since HD is giving an extra 10% at check-out today with military ID (current or old).

I think it's cool that companies do this

Anyone else ever take advantage of these?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Thank You and God Bless you U.S.A.!!
    As a Veteran I choose Veterans Day to return the thanks we, as Veterans, get throughout the year.
    Every weekend at ballgames, races, Church gatherings, community happenings & about any type of event where people congregate as well as social media sites, web pages, news forums and the many other E-social things that bring this country together Veterans are applauded, thanked, heroed and honored. Anyone who has served deserves those honors!
    So first I would like to say thank you to the American People as a whole. Thank you for being the great Nation we are that remembers and respects the men and women who protect you and your neighbors, families and friends! I would like All Americans to know that the vigilance we show in reminding Veterans how much they mean to us by honoring them the way we do nullifies the sacrifices that the American Fighters have made in their lives to offer you that protection. Thank You Americans, for thinking of US, honoring US and Loving US!
    Veterans Day was established as a National day of recognition for those that serve or have served our country. Just because you never wore a uniform or took a bullet or pulled a letter out of your best friends breast pocket so that his family could read his good bye does not mean you have not served. Every American Serves! Every American has a Son, daughter, brother, sister, father, mother, aunt, uncle, best friend or some type of acquaintance that either has served or is actively serving now. As a country we gather in prayer groups, take a few minutes a day just to think about them, send them letters and care packages, drop money in a hat……many ways every day we support our troops.
    For the wives & husbands raising their Soldiers Children alone, thank you!
    For the Mothers who wrench their hands in prayer, thank you!
    For the Fathers who beam with pride, Thank You!
    Giving your own life for your country is not the greatest sacrifice, it is giving your Sons or Daughters life, giving your brother or sister, your mother or your father, your best friend, your grand child, your niece your nephew your teacher. Many Americans have been lost defending this, the Greatest Nation on Earth, the minute they were gone another great American Fighter stood up in their place on the battlefield and Many great Americans stood up in their place at home. We raise their children, support their families give their wives and husbands a shoulder to cry on. We pray for them and the ones they left behind.
    We hold Veterans in the highest regard in the United States Of America; there simply is no higher honor to be had. We, the American People, have made it that way. So on this National day of recognition I say Thank You America for being a Nation and a People worth dying for!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Well said Rooster! I'm still getting my TGIF BOGO though

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Take advantage of all the well deserved respect. It does come from the heart of all that love this country N enjoy our freedom.
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Well said Rooster! I'm still getting my TGIF BOGO though
    Last year we went to Arbys for lunch and they were given Vets a free sandwich.
    They actually accepted my USMC Tatoo as "Military ID"

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Thank you to all serving past & present.

If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

home depot and lowes offers the discount all year btw.
    I just got back from a restaurant that the wife and I go to alot they picked up my bill for 2 prime rib/lobster tail dinners and drinks.
    I wasnt expecting it but the waitress got a BIG tip tonite lol.
    Also upon leaving everyone in the restaurant stood up and said thank you!
    the wife and I still kinda choked up about it.
    Last edited by dawg; 11-11-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

US NAVY RETIRED

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

^^^Absolutely Awesome!!!
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

You guys deserve it!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information