Cool Rides Online®
    Blog Entries
    Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Exclamation This Week's Featured Member - Tedd360

We try to feature one of our members each week to help us get to know each other better and to learn how we got to be so crazy about our rides! This week we feature a new member to the website who emailed us with an interesting story behind his 1974 Dodge! He's been a little shy as it comes to posting on the forum but his passion for Cool Rides definitely fits right in with us here on the site!!
    Featured Member of the Week: Tedd360

Tedd reached out to us with his great story about the connection between his 1974 Dodge Dart and his family. Hope you enjoy his story along with the answers to a few questions we asked him in order to get to know him better!

"My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I had a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport 360 4-speed in high school at the age of 16. It was a clean fast car that I purchased from the original owner. About a year after high school the car was sitting with a blown motor. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to sell it. Somebody he knew was looking for one. I did sell it and have missed the car ever since. Time went by and I have always wanted this car back.

Last year my 14 year old son called a few of my friends to hunt down the car without me knowing about it. He ended up finding the car on racing junk for sale. He called and talked to the guy to see if it was it by asking the past owners. Sure enough, it was it. My son came out of the house the phone and said " you need to talk to this guy, he has your dart and its for sale". I talked to him for a bit and made time the next day to go see it. It was it. still looked the same, smelled the same and that cool feeling came back as it did 21 years earlier when I saw it the first time. I sold the car with 26,515 miles on it and it only has 28,315 on it now. It has been a show car / race car its whole life. I was not able to track down the original motor, but oh well.

The car has a full cage certified to 8:50, cal trac suspension, strange dana 60 with 4:88 locker, strange rear disc, willwood front disc. all interior is stock except front seats (I did get the original bench back). I dont have a motor yet that I can use or a 4-speed. Looking for something in a small block 360 base with 700 hp and a passion 4-speed.

I loved my son before but now there is something special there too. I hope when the car is done I can some day give it to him. It will be a show/race/street car when done and I hope he will enjoy it as much as I did!"

How did you first hear about Cool Rides Online?

Heard about cool rides on facebook.

How did you originally become a gear-head?

My Dad bought me a 1967 mustang w/ a 289 when I was 14 to keep out of trouble. It worked! We worked on it until I was 16 and it was the first thing I drove when I got my license.

What’s the best memory you have with your Dart?

Meeting my wife.

In your opinion, what was the best car ever made?

Any old Dodge and the 1987 Buick Grand National. I was building a 8 second one when my son found the dart ,so I sold it.

In your opinion, what was the WORST car ever made?

Anything not made in the USA!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to be our next featured member? Let us know! Just send us a message that includes your username and phone number, and if you're selected, you'll receive some free Gold Eagle product and a Cool Rides Online t-shirt!

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Quite the story. Amazing you got er back. Congrat's on feature. Don't be shy, chat with us bro!
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Welcome to the site Ted. That car sure looks like a sleeper.

Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges

Nice story, neat car.

Exalted Member
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasKicking the TiresChecking the Gauges
    Awards CRO Member of the Week

Awesome...way to go for the son!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information