Cool Rides Online®

Thread: Gtdhw

Achievements & AwardsActivity StatsUser info
    Achievements Checking the GaugesKicking the Tires

Default Gtdhw

Hey Gtdhw, How did you finish last night?
    My Wife and I went to Bunker Hill last night and met up with Gtdhw. Really great guy and has a couple of really cool race cars. Lots of good racing action. Unfortunately my wife was getting cold and we had to leave. Started seeing a few cars and people that have been around there for awhile. We did have a great night and it was cool to meet Gtdhw!!

Did I hear them right? This coming saturday is going to be a test n tune, grudge or whatever racers want? Nothing on their site or FB.
    Last edited by Outlawracer; 10-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawracer View Post
    Hey Gtdhw, How did you finish last night?
    My Wife and I went to Bunker Hill last night and met up with Gtdhw. Really great guy and has a couple of really cool race cars. Lots of good racing action. Unfortunately my wife was getting cold and we had to leave. Started seeing a few cars and people that have been around there for awhile. We did have a great night and it was cool to meet Gtdhw!!

Did I hear them right? This coming saturday is going to be a test n tune, grudge or whatever racers want? Nothing on their site or FB.
    Ditto on all of the above!

We drove over to see him race earlier this summer and he ended up being less than a second away from a Wally (you'll get there Shawn)

Anyway - as Outlawracer mentioned - How;d you do?

You Will Respect My Authoritah!!

Achievements Wide Open ThrottleAt the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning Tires
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorCRO Featured Ride - June 2011CRO Member of the Week

Thanks guy! It's always nice to meet CoolRides members (and their wife's)

Well, Outlaw was there to see me win first round in the Vega and the Camaro, then he saw me lose second round in the Camaro. Shortly after that was when he headed out. I ended up winning second, third, and fourth rounds in the Vega and headed to the finals. With what seems to be broken record, after cutting a best light of .026 all night, I went .00 red in the finals. Not sure what I have to change, but I have work to do to prepare for next season to get this monkey off my back! I ended up 7th in points in the Camaro as a rookie in Super Pro, and finished 2nd in Sportsman. 1st place in Sportsman points was locked up last weekend when the guy in 3rd (1 point out behind me and second place), won the only 8 round race we had this year (normally 5 rounds). Even if I had won last night, there was simply not enough rounds to catch him. So I had to settle for second. So there you have it, the season is now over and like I posted on FB..."Could it have been a better season? Sure, there is always room for improvement. But, I made some friends, still have all my digits, no broken bones, and both cars are still running and not wrecked or damaged. It was a good year." Not to mention having some Dad & Son time that most others would be jealous of, and last but not least, laying the groundwork for what could be a great partnership next season.

Oh, and yes, weather permitting, there will be open T&T/grudge racing this Saturday. I would check the website/FB towards the middle of the week for updates.
    Last edited by Gtdhw; 10-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    If winning was easy, then the losers would be winners.
    I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Manzano View Post
    Ditto on all of the above!

We drove over to see him race earlier this summer and he ended up being less than a second away from a Wally (you'll get there Shawn)

Anyway - as Outlawracer mentioned - How;d you do?
    Actually we was a little late leaving the house and then I realized I didn't have any shoe polish. After getting there I discovered they were having some track difficulties and time was not really a factor. I am sure I could have "borrowed" some shoe polish but opted to watch for the night. Anyway we have next year!!
    I might show up next weekend depending on the weather just to have some fun:smile:

I still have to get used to the changes and time breaks between classes. It used to be Super Pro, Pro, Heavy-12.00-13.99 and Street-14.00 and up
    Last edited by Outlawracer; 10-16-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtdhw View Post
    Thanks guy! It's always nice to meet CoolRides members (and their wife's)

Well, Outlaw was there to see me win first round in the Vega and the Camaro, then he saw me lose second round in the Camaro. Shortly after that was when he headed out. I ended up winning second, third, and fourth rounds in the Vega and headed to the finals. With what seems to be broken record, after cutting a best light of .026 all night, I went .00 red in the finals. Not sure what I have to change, but I have work to do to prepare for next season to get this monkey off my back! I ended up 7th in points in the Camaro as a rookie in Super Pro, and finished 2nd in Sportsman. 1st place in Sportsman points was locked up last weekend when the guy in 3rd (1 point out behind me and second place), won the only 8 round race we had this year (normally 5 rounds). Even if I had won last night, there was simply not enough rounds to catch him. So I had to settle for second. So there you have it, the season is now over and like I posted on FB..."Could it have been a better season? Sure, there is always room for improvement. But, I made some friends, still have all my digits, no broken bones, and both cars are still running and not wrecked or damaged. It was a good year." Not to mention having some Dad & Son time that most others would be jealous of, and last but not least, laying the groundwork for what could be a great partnership next season.

Oh, and yes, weather permitting, there will open T&T/grudge racing this Saturday. I would check the website/FB towards the middle of the week for updates.
    2nd and 7th in track points is nothing to sneeze about. Bunker Hill has always had a very stout field of cars so to get in the top 10 is great. Especially in your rookie season!! Congrats to you for a job well done!! One way or another I will see ya next year!!
    Maybe even this coming weekend.

Hall of Fame Member john mastalerz's Avatar
    Achievements At the Starting LineBuckling UpStepping on the GasBurning TiresKicking the Tires
    Awards 104+ Featured Ride - January 2011CRO Ride of the Month Winner - January 2011CRO Member of the Week

Congrats on the second place win.

Blog Entries
    Achievements Checkered FlagWide Open ThrottleBurning TiresBuckling UpStepping on the Gas
    Awards CRO ChampionCRO Blog ContributorSTA-BIL Featured Ride - May 2011CRO Member of the Week

Great summer of fun. Congrat's
    Always keep em smokin,,,,then let er drift!

Share This Thread!

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email

Thread Information